I have 130 lbs to go! Can I do it?!?

Options
I am a 19 year old preschool teacher who has been over weight my whole life. I have never really known what it was like to "look good" or fit into the cute clothes the other girls were wearing. I have recentley joined a gym with very supportive Personal Trainers, and I'm loving all the support i am getting from everyone there. However i struggle with keeping track of my food and knowing how often to eat etc. One of the Personal Trainers that worked with me recommended this site and i just joined today. We will see if it helps me get motivated to track my meals and excerise. I can't wait to find out!

Replies

• cgcotten
    cgcotten Posts: 51
    Options
    Yes you can do it. One day at a time!! :)
  • nitashagarcia
    Options
    you can do it girl! once you get on track it starts to get a lot easier :) i wish you the best of luck with your weightloss! feel free to add me :D<3
  • adriaarnett
    Options
    Good luck! You cna totally do it! Read the success stories on this site every day or two and they will help motivate you. The calorie tracker really helps me think about what I am putting in my mouth and I like earning exercise calories for bigger meals or special treats. Just keep up the exercise and you can succeed!
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    that should say I have 130lbs to to! I CAN DO IT. Not Can i do it?
    It's not a matter of can you or can't you .... YOU CAN & YOU WILL :D
  • StartingOver4Me
    Options
    Please look at my 2 most recent created Forums!!! I think they will help you a lot!!!!
  • sars_68
    sars_68 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Of course you can do it!! Be positive and you can do anything!!!

Good luck :smile:
  • jessicaj_824
    jessicaj_824 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Welsome to MFP! Just remember that it won't all happen overnight but all your hard work will be worth it. Good luck on your journey and keep us all posted on your progress.
  • AJAdkins
    AJAdkins Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I believe you can totally do it! I'm on my way to do the same thing! Its really hard but I know it will be worth it in the long run! The changes are exciting and I recommend taking pictures! Then you can compare and really see the changes, that's what I did and its helped keep me motivated! :D
  • JillyCornwall
    JillyCornwall Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Welcome, its a great site and it offers all the tools you will need to change your lifestyle and make your future a healthy & slim one. Just be honest when you log your food and exercise and set goals which you feel you can attain and maintain for life...it will take you quite a few months to lose 130lbs so you need to be eating & exercising in a way that you enjoy.
    Don't be tempted to under cut or short cut your journey because if you do you will only store up problems for later in your journey. Read the succes stories on here for motivation, there are many that have lost what you want to and many that have lost more. Good Luck
  • DreaMartinez
    Options
    You CAN do it. Think positive. And I agree, it gets easier as you go. Starting and changing your mindset is the hardest part.
    Keep it up and be strong, you'll do great, it sounds like you have a good support system going!
  • Kristy085
    Kristy085 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Good luck! Feel free to add me for encouragement! :-)
  • dd_salas
    dd_salas Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Yes, you CAN!!! Welcome!
  • lalashell
    Options
    Yes you can!!!
  • ashley0616
    ashley0616 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Of course you can do it. You can do anything. Be patient with your body, love yourself, work hard, and keep the faith and it will come off sister. Welcome to MFP and best of luck to you!
  • HawkeyeMatt
    Options
    Good luck Jamie, just take it one day at a time. There will be times you will be thrilled with your progress and times you are discouraged. Keep your goals in site and keep them realistic and you will succeed. Good for you for taking on the challenge. As someone trying to drop 50 pounds I understand the challenges ahead.
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    I concur...you can and you will! God bless!
  • ksludwig
    ksludwig Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! This site has really helped me. I would encourage you to check out the success stories message board. I find that other peoples journeys help to motivate and inspire me! :bigsmile:
  • bunnyb11
    bunnyb11 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    YES YOU CAN!!!!! i am right there with you with over 100lbs to loose. It wont be an easy journey and you will not loose it in just 2 or 3 months. This website is the greatest website i have ever joined. The people on here and the support you get is wonderful. you will have good days and bad days, but this will help you to keep track of what you taking in as far as your calories. Feel free to add me if you like and we can help motivate each other which you will find that helps tremendously.

Good Luck on your journey toward a healthier you!!!!!!! Just remember YES U CAN~!!!!!!

Bunny
  • froglegjack
    froglegjack Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    yes you can. Don't let the numbers overwhelm you. Have mini goals too and rewards! welcome and add me if you would like.
    Mary
  • CCJ13
    CCJ13 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Yes you can do it!