No longer "Overweight"!

Options
joflo723
joflo723 Posts: 119 Member
So happy and have to share...this morning, for the first time in over 10 years, I am officially no longer in the "Overweight" region on the BMI scales! Woo-hooo!!! I know it's just a label, but it was pretty cool seeing myself in the *green* section finally. :joy:

Replies

• TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Congrats's on that achievement. Bet it feels amazing.
  • Ladybug1250
    Ladybug1250 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    awesome!!
  • hoyalawya2003
    hoyalawya2003 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Way to go! I can't wait to get there myself!!
  • lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • GenesiaElizabeth
    GenesiaElizabeth Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    joflo723 wrote: »
    So happy and have to share...this morning, for the first time in over 10 years, I am officially no longer in the "Overweight" region on the BMI scales! Woo-hooo!!! I know it's just a label, but it was pretty cool seeing myself in the *green* section finally. :joy:

That's so awesome. Congrats!

I hit the "healthy" range yesterday too!! Wooohooo us! :smiley:
  • rightkindofwrong
    rightkindofwrong Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS!! I know exactly what you mean! I posted a similar post last week! So glad to be 'normal' 'healthy' weight!!
  • NatalieABH
    NatalieABH Posts: 8
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Yayyy me too!!
    This morning my Bmi also moved out of the yellow ;)
    I celebrated with chocolate.
  • oarngesi
    oarngesi Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Way to go
  • jennifurballs
    jennifurballs Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and you're gorgeous!
  • amcook4
    amcook4 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Many congratulations!
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,716 Member
    Options
    Super! Celebrate every success, big or small. Good for you!
  • joflo723
    joflo723 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the nice comments and for cheering me on! I don't have a "diet buddy" per se to celebrate with, but you all make me feel like I do! <3
  • annael25
    annael25 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Amazing job! :)
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    They're not just labels, they're categories still used by the medical establishment and will be used in the Affordable Care Act to raise insurance premiums against the categorically obese and overweight who have conditions, pre-existing or otherwise, that could be linked to their weight.

So, you have good reasons to celebrate being in the green category, its not meaningless. :)
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I still have another 18 pounds to go before I hit that mark.
  • wateryphoenix
    wateryphoenix Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    YAY! Congrats!
  • gamesandgains
    gamesandgains Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    congrats
  • Sphyk1
    Sphyk1 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Great job!
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    joflo723 wrote: »
    I am officially no longer in the "Overweight" region on the BMI scales!

Funny. I was at 29% body fat a few years back. Even though I haven't lost a lot of weight, I just did another BF test and I am hovering around 20%. Not bad in my book. My goal as always been to be at around 15%, so we will see what the next few years brings.

• wilsoncl6
    wilsoncl6 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Lourdesong wrote: »
    They're not just labels, they're categories still used by the medical establishment and will be used in the Affordable Care Act to raise insurance premiums against the categorically obese and overweight who have conditions, pre-existing or otherwise, that could be linked to their weight.

Where did you find this little tidbit? I read some of the changes on this and only saw a mandatory reward program for wellness and fitness participation, nothing related to an increase in premiums although an additional add on to insurance programs related to wellness programs and smoking cessation may result in increased premiums but might actually decrease premiums as it ensures that covered individuals will be healthier and less likely to use their coverage.

Oh yeah, congrats on your achievement OP. Not trying to steal your thunder.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!