Goals for May

Options
I'd like to get a group of people on here to help motivate each other during the month of May. I have set some fitness goals for myself and am wondering, what are yours? It's not May yet, but it's right around the corner, so why not start planning?

My goals:
Start and complete the 30D Shred
Walk 90 miles

Simple enough, no??

Replies

• clarificity
    Options
    I would love to join!

My goals:
    - run 2 miles in 20 minutes
    - reduce my sugar intake (I'm always like at least 2x what I should be)
    - increase fresh veggie intake
  • MissConfidence
    Options
    Those are great goals, clarificty! I look forward to helping each other through this :)
  • p_cakes
    p_cakes Posts: 282
    Options
    I'm gonna join. My group that I made has slowed down a bit, I think this one will be good.

My May Goals:
    - NOT go too far off track during my week at the beach, enjoy myself but not take advantage of it. Still make good choices (May 12- 17)
    - NOT over indulge on my birthday, May 18!!
    - Be to 160 by the end of May
    - Cut back on sugars
    - Cut out sodas COMPLETELY (I'm actually starting this one tomorrow)
    - Go down a size (from a 15 to a 13)
    - work out for at least 30 mins 4-5 days a week.

Seems like a lot of goals, but I like having more to accomplish!
  • MissConfidence
    Options
    No, that's great! Not too many at all! I just know myself and its better for me to set two or three main ones and work on getting them accomplished. Whatever extra I do is extra, and great! But I seem to get too hard on myself if I set things too high... Welcome and looking forward to staying in touch!
  • poochluvr
    Options
    I'm in!! I really want to accomplish some goals for this month also.

-run 2 miles non-stop in 15 minutes
    -cut out ALL sodas
    -reduce my junk food intake to only a small portion once a day
    -drop at least 7 pounds

I'm looking forward to motivating May with you! Swimsuit season here we come:)
  • aprhinehart
    Options
    My goal is to loose 10 pounds in May. Hope we can motivate each other!
  • MissConfidence
    Options
    I've added to my goals:

Walk 90 miles
    Start and Complete the 30D Shred
    Lift weights 8 times (8 muscle groups, 3 sets of 15 reps each)
    Plan my meals the night before at least 3 days a week
    Drink 2 liters of water a day
    Do one simple workout (everyday different) daily for 100 reps
  • evs81
    evs81 Posts: 2
    Options
    I'd like to join! And I hope you will all help me!

My goals for May are : to lose 7 pounds
    to exercise every day for at least 10 mins (this is a big thing for me!)
    to log all my food
    cut my intake of processed food

I know it doesn't sound like much but this is such a change for me and i'll need all the support i can get!
  • MissConfidence
    Options
    Welcome evs81! Those are great goals! Today is officially May 1st (at least in my part of the world) so going to sleep to wake up to a new day, a fresh month, and start on my goals - 30D Shred is first tomorrow morning followed by a nice 3 mile walk. Let's all touch base sometime tomorrow or the next day to see how our May is starting!
  • MissConfidence
    Options
    Deleted - double post!
  • clarificity
    Options
    Today is my official "first day" of May as the real first day came and went without my notice. It was a great weekend though, my first on MFP and I have to say I did pretty good even with dinner at friends and kickin' it with my honey. So watch out! here I come May!!
  • MissConfidence
    Options
    How are you all feeling so far in May? Have you been sticking to your goals?

I've so far done two sessions of the shred (for a total of 7 days included from April) and walked 6 miles towards my 90 mile goal. I've kept up with logging food two days out of three which is something I really am trying to work on.

Hope you're all doing well and working towards your goals! :)
  • MissConfidence
    Options
    This silence better mean you're out sweatin' it out at the gym or something!! ;)
  • clarificity
    Options
    I'm doing ok - been feeling a little under the weather but still sticking to my eating plan and exersising. Went to the doctor yesterday and found out I've lost two pounds! woop woop. I'm glad to see you're doing good logging your food MissLoser! I think that is one of the most important things for me, otherwise I just don't realize how many calories I'm putting in my body. Not sure where you are, but here in the SF Bay Area, the weather is starting to look beautiful - perfect for playing outside :) Keep it up girl! We can do it!
  • MissConfidence
    Options
    Hey, sorry to hear you're not feeling well, hope you're better soon and able to enjoy the nice weather! Congrats on the 2# loss, that's awesome! No weight loss to report here, but started a new workout regimen and been reading that it's normal to even gain weight when you start something new. So, let's hope for the best! :) I'm in Israel so the weather is HOT! I was sweating so much today on my 2 mile walk, had to chug a whole lotta water. Going to do another shredding session when I get home and looking very much to relaxing a little this weekend!