Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Am I eating to little ?

I probably should already have this under control.
I have lost 70 pounds in the last 4 months. I eat now around 1200-1350 calories.
I am scared to OVEReat. I have been losing great on this. I was eating around 1500 calories.
I am usually not hungry but today I have been a little hungry waiting for dinner time haha.
And I go school 3 times a week on my bike and than walk these stairs. I have been pretty tired today so hoping its not cause I dont eat enough.

My diary is open to the public.
MFP has me set at 1800 calories a day but I find that alot. I dont want to lose like 1 pound each month lol. I understand its also not overnight. What should I be eating ?

CW :328

Replies

• ZiezieO
    ZiezieO Posts: 228 Member
    70 lbs that fast is concerning. Have you talked to a professional nutritionist? It looks like you exercise and you intake a good amount of calories. If you're worried that something just doesn't seem right, many areas have a nutritionist that you can see for free sometimes. Just listen to your body and put go things into it. If you're hungry, feed yourself what you need to feel satisfied. Sometimes a handful of nuts does the trick, sometimes you need some veggies, etc. Don't be afraid of over eating, just listen to your body. Fill it will good and not junk. But really, if you're worried, I would seek consultation. It could be something medically unbalanced like your thyroid or chemically.
  • nyccvs
    nyccvs Posts: 2
    You need to find a satiable balance. I have moved to eating 8 meals a day
    and have had no cravings.

Jimmy dean croissant sausage egg and cheese. 8:30

Banana 10:30

1 Nature own bar 11:30

Lunch smart ones fettuccini Alfredo w chicken 12:00

1 Nature own bar 1:30

1 box Raisins 2:30

1 box Raisins 3:30

Dinner (300-500 cal)

1500 cal all in!
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    OP @Romyarts2014 - Yes, you're eating too little. What's your height and weight and activity level? Figure out your TDEE and minus at most 20%.

@nyccvs - The fat that you're a male and eating 200 calories under my deficit is also too little.

Here's a couple links to help you both:
    http://iifym.com/bmr-calculator/
    http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    I probably should already have this under control.
    I have lost 70 pounds in the last 4 months. I eat now around 1200-1350 calories.
    I am scared to OVEReat. I have been losing great on this. I was eating around 1500 calories.
    I am usually not hungry but today I have been a little hungry waiting for dinner time haha.
    And I go school 3 times a week on my bike and than walk these stairs. I have been pretty tired today so hoping its not cause I dont eat enough.

My diary is open to the public.
    MFP has me set at 1800 calories a day but I find that alot. I dont want to lose like 1 pound each month lol. I understand its also not overnight. What should I be eating ?

CW :328

MFP sets your daily net caloric goal based on the amount you tell it you want to lose per week.... the deficit is included. You're eating 2/3 of that.

• Bretto
    Bretto Posts: 196 Member
    In looking at your diary, I would think you need to double the amount of protein you are eating. If you don't eat enough protein you will be losing muscle instead of fat. I also think you need to increase your calories by 100-200 a day.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    You have a large amount to lose so you can sustain a large deficit...

That being said, make sure you're getting enough nutrients & vitamins in the calories you are eating... It's difficult to get everything you need when you're not eating loads.

Plus, the mindset of not eating much because you don't want to over eat, is no more healthy than when you were over eating.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    MFP calculates what you would need for every day activities *not including exercise*. Then it subtracts a flat rate depending on how many pounds per week you say you want to lose. If you said 2 pounds per week, it is subtracting 1,000 calories per day.

When you exercise, you need more fuel for that. You can eat more and still lose weight.

Example:

2800 (the amount your body needs for daily activities)
    -1000 (your deficit to lose 2 pounds per week)
    =1800
    -400 (amount you burn in exercise)
    +400 (amount more you eat for fuel)
    =1800 (you still have the correct deficit to lose 2 pounds per week)