Temporary gain the day after lifting?

Options
Am I the only one who gets this? The scale always jumps up the next day after I lift. Wth?

Replies

• BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Yes. Its your muscles retaining water. I stalled for 3 weeks before my muscles released. Its very common. Go with it.
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    Yes. Its your muscles retaining water. I stalled for 3 weeks before my muscles released. Its very common. Go with it.

What she said. :smile:
  • Furrytreats
    Furrytreats Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Oh that's relieving, I've been slightly under my calories the last few days, but closer than I've been so far and I thought I was losing my mind. Good to know! Thanks!
  • manymuses
    manymuses Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness- so glad to hear this! I have added a ton of weight training this week and the scale suddenly popped up 3 or 4 pounds! I was horrified to see since I have been doing so well. Good to know.
  • Kirsty_UK
    Kirsty_UK Posts: 964 Member
    Options

that's good to know - I added weight training to my exercise (3 times last week, twice this week only), and although I lost 4lbs last week, this week I've lost nothing, I was hoping it was the strength training
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    I'm glad I'm not the only one. I was really upset on the scale this morning with a 3lb gain!