Hi, I'm Helen

Options
I'm 52, a binge eater having struggled my whole life with weight/body image issues having grown up with an obese mother. 6 years ago I was doing so well following Tosca Reno's Eat Clean rules. I kept the weight manageable at 128lbs until I turned 50. I've since gained 14lbs. I have the tools in my head and a full gym in my home and yet I continue to struggle with consistency. I have tons of journals and boards, Eat Clean/Oxygen Mags and a degree in Holistic Nutrition. I love sugar and have trouble not having it daily. I'm married with a grown son and dog. I work full time in a somewhat stressful environment from 7am-3pm.

Replies

• girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • BillRicks1
    BillRicks1 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site!
  • kiwigal1956
    Options
    When you grow up in a houseful of lean mean athletic machines as in my family and me being the only one that didn't quite fit the mould (although I was never overweight but was always considered less lean than the rest of them) - yup, I've heaps of issues about this. Was called {"fatso" as well by people that should have known better. So, although I wasn't "fat" or overweight I grew up thinking that I should always be on a diet. I have about 10 kgs to lose - and if I do then that's fine but I am active, fit and eat well. (fresh vege and lean meats and fish). I am here because of a recent health scare - plus my weight was beginning to creep up and my jeans were becoming a little too uncomfortable! Can you, change your job? If you are stressed then this is something that needs to be changed. You can still eat some dark chocolate you know without feeling too guilty - I would def ditch the sugar though! Try coconut sugar or how about making some healthy lemon coconut cheesecake bites or a date/nut loaf (with no added sugar) - use apples and banana and dates to sweeten. Sugar is not a friend of ours at all... thankfully I am more of a cheeseaholic! But, recently I have even put that to one side and allow myself a wee blue every week.
    - This is a great place to start - I have been mapping my food and exercise now for almost one week (I have been away a long time from MFP) but decided to get into gear and rev this ol bod up (I am 58) and also to get back into those lovely Victoria Secret jeans that they now no longer sell anymore! (I have about 10 pairs in all colours - and I wanna rock em)! LOL :):)
  • Long2bme
    Long2bme Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thanks kiwigal.... Nice to hear from someone over 50. My job is a change. One year ago I was Work Force Adjusted and placed elsewhere. I'm in the process of trying to move elsewhere in my job. I have this love/fear of food. I'm afraid of the good things like a date loaf or a cream cheese treat so I deprive myself and then binge on things that are damaging to my health. Now I'm in a rut and trying to will myself out of it.