HELP with Coffee Creamers!

Options
Hi, guys! I recently had my first baby, a precious little boy, and am now on the road back to getting fit and healthy! I gained 29 pounds in pregnancy and am down 35 pounds through healthy diet and some light exercise (5 weeks postpartum this week). I'm doing great with eating healthily again aside from one small problem: my coffee creamer of choice is heavy whipping cream.... So bad for me, I know! As a new mommy I'm drinking a cup or two of decaf (sometimes regular) coffee every day with two tablespoons of heavy whipping cream, equaling about 100 calories. I do log the calories from my drinks on MyFitnessPal, and it's not so much the calories from heavy w. cream as it is the fat I'm getting from it that's concerning. It seems like I have tried all the "healthy" creamers out there, though I know I haven't; I'm just stubborn because I love how rich and creamy HWC makes my coffee!

I was wondering if any of you have any suggestions for yummy coffee creamers that are better for me. I think just about anything would be better than HWC! I have tried steamed 2% milk and several types of creamers by Coffeemate, but it seems like nothing compares to heavy whipping cream! Ahhh!

Replies

• beamer0821
    beamer0821 Posts: 488 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    so why give it up?
    just work it into your diet? if you love it that much just work with it for now...
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    So keep drinking it. I don't see how this is a problem? Heavy whipping is not bad or good. It's food.
  • hosegirl
    hosegirl Posts: 157
    Options
    I agree just go with it. If it only 100 calories a day just work it in or work off!
  • shadowofender
    shadowofender Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    If you can't or don't want to work it into your diet, you can work on adjusting your taste. If you sip the coffee before putting creamer in, because of how bitter it tastes on first sip, you won't need to put as much in to make it "sweeter". That works for me, anyhow.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    beamer0821 wrote: »
    so why give it up?
    just work it into your diet? if you love it that much just work with it for now...
    This.
  • kpace9009
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone!!!
  • Keasteregg
    Keasteregg Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I switched to unsweetened vanilla almond milk, one cup only has 30 calories. I use 1/2 cup for 15 calories, and some stevia and cinnamon, yummmmmmy!!!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Better for you? Or have fewer calories? Not always the same.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    beamer0821 wrote: »
    so why give it up?

Agreed. No way I'd ever give up my coffee and cream.

• healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    2 tablespoons of half n half-only 40 calories and delicious!
  • stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    this isn't helpful, but whipping cream in coffee?? YUM!! i must try this! but yeah, just try to fit it in, i could never give up my yummy flavors of coffee cream! :) good luck
  • RibStabsHeart
    RibStabsHeart Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    If you want to work on adjusting your taste, you can try moving down to Half and Half and from there into some other creamers. Just a thought!
  • __freckles__
    __freckles__ Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    There are no "bad" foods. Just keep repeating that to yourself and enjoy your creamer.
  • LastCupOfSorrow
    LastCupOfSorrow Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Better for you? Or have fewer calories? Not always the same.

This, too.
  • shai74
    shai74 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    kpace9009 wrote: »
    Hi, guys! I recently had my first baby, a precious little boy, and am now on the road back to getting fit and healthy! I gained 29 pounds in pregnancy and am down 35 pounds through healthy diet and some light exercise (5 weeks postpartum this week). I'm doing great with eating healthily again aside from one small problem: my coffee creamer of choice is heavy whipping cream.... So bad for me, I know! As a new mommy I'm drinking a cup or two of decaf (sometimes regular) coffee every day with two tablespoons of heavy whipping cream, equaling about 100 calories. I do log the calories from my drinks on MyFitnessPal, and it's not so much the calories from heavy w. cream as it is the fat I'm getting from it that's concerning. It seems like I have tried all the "healthy" creamers out there, though I know I haven't; I'm just stubborn because I love how rich and creamy HWC makes my coffee!

I was wondering if any of you have any suggestions for yummy coffee creamers that are better for me. I think just about anything would be better than HWC! I have tried steamed 2% milk and several types of creamers by Coffeemate, but it seems like nothing compares to heavy whipping cream! Ahhh!

HWC is not bad for you. Saturated fat is GOOD for you. I drink about 5 or 6 coffees a day with a tablespoon of cream in each one. Sometimes a tablespoon of butter as well. I've lost 60lbs.
  • blonditz
    blonditz Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Just work it into your calories. You won't enjoy the coffee as much if you try to change it.
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    Coffee with heavy whipping cream is one of the best things in the world! I say find a way to fit it into your daily goal. Half & half would be a decent substitute, but it's not the same.
  • kpace9009
    Options
    Gosh y'all are awesome. Thanks for the encouragement and positive replies. I'm going to try moving down to a little half-n-half, but definitely not cut out HWC completely :) THANK YOU!