No longer "Overweight"!

Options
2»

Replies

• wilsoncl6
    wilsoncl6 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I'm not a big fan of the BMI index and prefer body fat calculations as they BMI calculated BF based on height as to weight without taking into consideration the amount of actual muscle one has on their frame. It works well for individuals that aren't heavily into strength training but does not function well for guys like me. For example, if I'm 18% body fat but at about 215 lbs, 6'1", I'm showing 28.4 BMI which is overweight. Even if I was to get down to 190, which would mean I would have to get down to probably 10% body fat and cut off around 5-10 pounds of muscle, I'd still be classified as overweight.
  • jassyjan1
    jassyjan1 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, this is what this journey is all about, keep up the great work!!
  • crystallynnl
    crystallynnl Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I hope to reach that goal some day. Awesome work!
  • LeslieB042812
    LeslieB042812 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    That is FABULOUS!!!! Enjoy your accomplishment. :)
  • GibbsGirl13072
    GibbsGirl13072 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! I'm hoping to get there someday too, but I'll settle for not being considered 'obese' by the BMI scale. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
  • ParamoreAddict
    ParamoreAddict Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! I still have a ways to go. I'm 6'1" and weigh 235 pounds currently. Won't be in the normal range until I get under 190. Good thing I wanna get down to 180 again :)

8830689.png
  • QueenE_
    QueenE_ Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Yay! It definitely is a great feeling when you see that!! Congrats =D
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    Great job. I am almost down to 30 on my scales but I know 25 will pop up if I keep working at it.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!