NSV -- my favorite dress!

Options
westcoastSW
westcoastSW Posts: 320 Member
Just wanted to share a little NSV that totally made my day! Several years ago, I had bought this fabulous dress from Banana Republic for a cousin's wedding. It's strapless, silky, with big orange hibiscus-like flowers on it; it's a size 8 and it had fit me perfectly at the time (so I never got rid of it). Three years ago, I planned to wear it to my own college graduation, but realized 2 weeks prior that it wouldn't zip anymore :cry: Throughout my weight loss venture, I've tried it on every now and again just to see, but it still hasn't fit.

Fast forward to today, when I'm preparing to speak at another graduation event (from graduate school), and I figured I'd try it on again just out of curiosity, and it zipped! And it looked fantastic! And I looked fantastic! I know I'm not quite down to my original weight from when I bought it, but I'm smaller than I was when I graduated with my B.A. :happy: --happy dancing around in dress--

Replies

• Stacey765
    Stacey765 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!
  • april_kelley
    april_kelley Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    That is so great....Congrats!!!
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    Awesome....Keep going strong
  • Mark330
    Mark330 Posts: 75
    Options
    Awesome work!!!!
  • VixFit2011
    VixFit2011 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Very exciting!
  • AdriGirl
    AdriGirl Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Those are the best moments! Way to go!
  • Supermel
    Supermel Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    YOu should share a picture! Enjoy the moment! That is amazing!
  • Firechic53
    Options
    What a great feeling :happy:
  • hatchhome
    hatchhome Posts: 65
    Options
    Way to go. Keep it up. :-)
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    SO EXCITING!!! I can't wait until I can fit into my $88 jeans =\ Still got 30 lbs to go, but I'm getting there =)
  • lovediets
    lovediets Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    That is a great story!!!! Thanks for sharing!!
  • vetsnatural
    vetsnatural Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Congrats... I still have quite a few things I am waiting to fit in. Congrats again!
  • dcain2
    dcain2 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Congrats on the dress and graduation!! :happy:
  • westcoastSW
    westcoastSW Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Thanks all! The support on MFP is truly helpful -- as is the site in general. It feels so good to be taking control of my life again!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!