Freelee the banana girl

Options
Whenever I watch freelees videos she never seems to eat 'normal' fruit such as apples and oranges ect. Does anyone know why this is?
And are fruits like apples, pears, oranges and kiwis okay to eat on raw till 4 diet because they are so much cheaper than things like mangos and watermelon?

Replies

• Boccellin
    Boccellin Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Be very, very careful before embarking on this. The diet that Freelee preaches has virtually no protein or fat, and virtually all the carbs come from sugar. It's not varied, it's not balanced. I've heard of people getting very sick trying this fruititarian thing.
  • bareessentials56
    bareessentials56 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm not planning on doing it I was just always curious that she always seems to eat the most expensive diet possible pretty much :)
  • weightliftingdiva
    weightliftingdiva Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I wouldn't worry much about her motivation for anything she does.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    she is a fraud.
  • bareessentials56
    bareessentials56 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Personally I think the whole diet she eats is pretty stupid but how does she stay that skinny with the little exercise and heaps of food she eats?
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Follow an idiot if you want. She`s an idiot.
  • techgal128
    techgal128 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Personally I think the whole diet she eats is pretty stupid but how does she stay that skinny with the little exercise and heaps of food she eats?

With that much fruit it probably comes out as quickly as it goes in.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    She lives north of me and mangoes you can pick for free. We have mango trees all over the place and I believe she does a lot of exercise.
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    She has recently confessed to having a pretty severe eating disorder, so best to keep that in mind when considering the validity of her nutritional advice.
  • CiciRoscoe
    CiciRoscoe Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    And the SH** storm begins!
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    Lololol Freelee! She's completely bananas!

Get it?
  • HeyImRin
    Options
    Freelee bases her diet off of the 80/10/10 diet.

As far as her eating apples and oranges, I think for her they are more expensive. She lives in Australia where (like someone else already said) mangoes and other fruits grow around every corner. But I mean at this point she's pretty financially stable so I'm not sure.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    Whenever I watch freelees videos she never seems to eat 'normal' fruit such as apples and oranges ect. Does anyone know why this is?
    And are fruits like apples, pears, oranges and kiwis okay to eat on raw till 4 diet because they are so much cheaper than things like mangos and watermelon?

Uhm, because she's a fruit loop, and spreading FUD. :)
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    banana_despicable_me.gif
  • Kellyfitness128
    Kellyfitness128 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Boccellin wrote: »
    Be very, very careful before embarking on this. The diet that Freelee preaches has virtually no protein or fat, and virtually all the carbs come from sugar. It's not varied, it's not balanced. I've heard of people getting very sick trying this fruititarian thing.

Oh, it's got protein.... I actually tried it out for about a month out of curiosity and to see what the hype was about. Eating all fruits during the day, a massive salad before dinner and then a dinner full of potatoes or pasta, I was getting around 50g of protein a day and also meeting all of my nutrient requirements. However, it was really difficult... I was hungry all the time despite massive portions, was pretty much unable to go out and eat with friends, planning was difficult if I was leaving the house.... Definitely unsustainable for me. And she eats fruits like mangos, figs, etc because she's from Australia where they are more abundant AND she's got the money from all her youtube videos.
  • michaelachallis
    michaelachallis Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    She has been very open about the huge amount of money she earns. Hence being able to buy $1000 of dates at a time.
  • viktorijandz
    viktorijandz Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    bareessentials56 <~ I believe that the best place to get all your questions answered is doing some light reading on 30BaD forum. :} I also think that Freelee is breaking up a new ground here with RT4 which is still unacceptable by many people and which, as far as I am concerned, is probably classified as unhealthy/unsustainable/extreme/etc. type of lifestyle on MFP and similar websites, so I don't think you could actually get your questions answered here. :}