Are all these things really true and crucial???

Options
Could you shed some light on these things I have read online please if possible?

Does it really matter if I eat 3 hours before bed time?
What if I don't eat every 3-4 hours?
Do I have to have a protein filled breakfast? What is wrong with my bran flakes, oats or Greek yogurt?
Does it matter what type of foods I eat before a workout?
Why do I have to eat something high in carbs and low in fat 45 minutes after my workout?

Thanks

Replies

• beamer0821
    beamer0821 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    first what is your goal? if its to lose weight here are my answers. if its to be fit and some sort of workout queen someone else will have to answer i know nothing about that stuff..

Does it really matter if I eat 3 hours before bed time? no
    What if I don't eat every 3-4 hours? doesnt matter
    Do I have to have a protein filled breakfast? no
    What is wrong with my bran flakes, oats or Greek yogurt? nothing
    Does it matter what type of foods I eat before a workout? no
    Why do I have to eat something high in carbs and low in fat 45 minutes after my workout? no idea

hope that was helpful? lol
  • crisb2
    crisb2 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    What's true is what works for YOU.

Does it really matter if I eat 3 hours before bed time? IIFYM. If it's within your Calorie Goals probably not.
    What if I don't eat every 3-4 hours? Some people don't, it's called IF. Some people do, they like it.
    Do I have to have a protein filled breakfast? Some people are filled for longer on protein. Some people don't like it.
    What is wrong with my bran flakes, oats or Greek yogurt? If it works for you... nothing's wrong. Some people can't handle so much carbs and sugar.
    Does it matter what type of foods I eat before a workout? It depends on the workout and the plan.
    Why do I have to eat something high in carbs and low in fat 45 minutes after my workout? You really don't HAVE to do anything, it depends on the plan you're following and again, what your workout actually is.
  • dlj1405
    dlj1405 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    crisb2 wrote: »
    What's true is what works for YOU.

Does it really matter if I eat 3 hours before bed time? IIFYM. If it's within your Calorie Goals probably not.
    What if I don't eat every 3-4 hours? Some people don't, it's called IF. Some people do, they like it.
    Do I have to have a protein filled breakfast? Some people are filled for longer on protein. Some people don't like it.
    What is wrong with my bran flakes, oats or Greek yogurt? If it works for you... nothing's wrong. Some people can't handle so much carbs and sugar.
    Does it matter what type of foods I eat before a workout? It depends on the workout and the plan.
    Why do I have to eat something high in carbs and low in fat 45 minutes after my workout? You really don't HAVE to do anything, it depends on the plan you're following and again, what your workout actually is.

Thank you! :) never know what to eat before a workout which is mainly just cardio some days using weight machines! I don't really have an exact plan at the moment
  • dlj1405
    dlj1405 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    beamer0821 wrote: »
    first what is your goal? if its to lose weight here are my answers. if its to be fit and some sort of workout queen someone else will have to answer i know nothing about that stuff..

Does it really matter if I eat 3 hours before bed time? no
    What if I don't eat every 3-4 hours? doesnt matter
    Do I have to have a protein filled breakfast? no
    What is wrong with my bran flakes, oats or Greek yogurt? nothing
    Does it matter what type of foods I eat before a workout? no
    Why do I have to eat something high in carbs and low in fat 45 minutes after my workout? no idea

hope that was helpful? lol

Thank you! I heard not to eat carbs before workout? Lol thanks
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    No
    No
    No
    Nothing
    Depends
    You don't