What to get for lunch?

Options
aub7
aub7 Posts: 37 Member
So I packed my lunch and then left it at home. So I am going to have to do the fast food thing today. Any healthy lunch suggestions? Thanks!

Replies

• ltlemermaid
    ltlemermaid Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    can you get to a grocery store? that would be best-tuna or salad with vinegarette, fruits/veggies

if not I usually go for subway...no mayo or cheese
  • Mark330
    Mark330 Posts: 75
    Options
    Whats close by?
  • jeannas
    jeannas Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    tossed salad with grilled chicken, dressing on the side!
  • YvetteBabich
    Options
    If you're near a Jimmy John's I would suggest getting any "unwich" with no mayo. Or even a regular veggie sub with no mayo. Check out their nutrition calculator online, you can get really good food from there if you plan it out. Last spring when I was at my lowest weight, I used to get a beach club unwich with no mayo and extra turkey, and a pickle, all the time. That entire meal was only between 200 and 300 calories, chock full of protein and very filling and delicious.
  • amandamyers228
    Options
    Taco Bell has some low-cal options, like the fresco taco with chicken. I think Mc Donalds has some good salads, too.
  • melissa0001
    melissa0001 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Subway or if you have to McDonald's grilled honey mustard chicken wraps are 250 calories (lots of sodium though) The fillet of fish is also 380 calories at McDonalds
  • EA1604
    EA1604 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Subway 6 inch turkey on wheat no mayo or cheese. 280 calories, 3.5g fat is my favorite. Or go for a salad with a light dressing watch out though cheese, bacon, croutons or a high calore dressing could dramatically increase the calories.
  • lovediets
    lovediets Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I am low carbing so I get the bacon chicken salad or the angus burger minus the bun at McDonalds. Love it!!
  • subway grilled chicken salad with all the vegtables you want on It. SO YUMMY! lowest sodium item on the menu!
  • JesaGrace
    JesaGrace Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Subway would be the best bet....though you'll have to watch sodium count for the rest of the day b/c Subway puts a huge dent in those numbers.....and just to let you know....Subway's tuna is way high in calories....more than turkey and other meats....

found this....you can add up what you get at subway....pretty nifty....
  • wendywilliford
    Options
    I'd go with Subway, but go to the website to get nutritional info 1st. Know what you're ordering before you even walk in the door.
  • harvick29fan
    harvick29fan Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Subway....or I also like chili from Wendys.
  • happyhappyjoy72
    Options
    I had the 6in orchard chicken sub with lett,tom and nothing else yesterday. it was 360 calories and it was yummy!!
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    Subway turkey breast wrap
    222 cals; 24g protein; 18g carbs; 6g fat

Subway oven roasted chicken breast sub (6 inch no cheese)
    330 cals; 24g protein; 47g carbs; 5g fat

Wendy's roasted turkey & basil pesto frescata sandwich
    420 cals; 21g protein; 50g carbs; 15g fat

Wendy's mandarin chicken salad (with berry balsamic vinegar dressing; without crispy noodles)
    390 cals; 27g protein; 34g carbs; 16g fat

Mcdonald's asian salad with grilled chicken
    300 cals; 32g protein; 23g carbs; 10g fat
  • KayLeigh6710
    Options
    Definately subway or Panera Bread/Bread Co.
  • Gennawest
    Gennawest Posts: 171
    Options
    SUBWAY! veggie delight on flat bread, no cheese, no mayo, no vinegar, oil, or salt and pepper. You cannot even tell your sandwich is missing all the goodies because the taste of the veggies will overide any other flavor that may be missing. This is the lowest cal/ sodium item on the menu!
  • Angiebug1969
    Options
    Locally here... on a day when I have to run out for fast food, I generally opt for a grilled chicken salad with low cal dressing on the side (to dip my fork in) from Culver's, or a 6 inch Subway flatbread (no mayo).

:flowerforyou:

Angie
  • TaylorChristine09
    Options
    If you do something fast food besides Subway, go toward grilled chicken instead of crispy, minus the cheese and only eat half of the bun. Instead of doing a side of french fries substitute for apples or a small salad. Even better to watch portion sizes and still enjoy the "good food" choose a kids meal...that is usually what I do because I love McD's fries.
  • MJKing2
    MJKing2 Posts: 177
    Options
    I was JUST about to post the same comment. So thanks...I'll just browse your replies instead. :happy: And I'm leaning towards a Jimmy John's Veggie Unwich...mine came up to 246 calories with all veggies, cheese, and vinegarette instead of mayo! Thanks for the suggestion!