I'm finding me after a breakup

Options
i thanked my personal trainer for teaching me more stability, self esteem, patience and self control. I used those today after a ten year breakup. It's devastating and I wish him well but it's my time now.

Lisa

Replies

• Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry about that, Lisa. I'm going through the same thing. I'm glad I have better life skills now that I've been taking control of my life and I can handle it better.

Good luck (to both of us)!

• GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    Sorry but glad your skills were developed and ready to help you. Keep up the good work.
  • lisaducharme54
    lisaducharme54 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thank you all! A month ago I would have binged..but nah not feeling hungry lol.
  • Munn0025
    Munn0025 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    wow. keep your head up!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    :(
  • ducati45
    ducati45 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I posted today about going through a similar thing, though we weren't together that long. It hurts too. But doing things that make me feel good about myself will make me feel better in the long and hopefully short term too.
  • MuddyEquestrian
    MuddyEquestrian Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    good for you for doing what you need for YOU! I was in the same boat a little over a year ago. I started working out hard to be where I wanted to be. When I told my boyfriend I wanted to run a Tough Mudder he told me I couldn't do it. I broke up with him, trained hard and ran one a month later. Don't let anyone get you down, you rock!
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    good for you for doing what you need for YOU! I was in the same boat a little over a year ago. I started working out hard to be where I wanted to be. When I told my boyfriend I wanted to run a Tough Mudder he told me I couldn't do it. I broke up with him, trained hard and ran one a month later. Don't let anyone get you down, you rock!

I bet that felt amazing :)
  • farmgirlrrt
    farmgirlrrt Posts: 168 Member
    Options

This is a great story!