Moms

I'm looking for moms that are on here to help with weight loss motivation. I just had my second child 3 weeks ago on Wednesday.

Replies

• Mediocrates55
    Mediocrates55 Posts: 326 Member
    Congrats on the birth of your child! There's a few questions to ask.

Are you breastfeeding? That will affect your needed calories.
    Starting weight/BMR/TDEE/Goal weight?

I have two, ages 5 and 6 with 10 months between them, and a bonus 13 year old.
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,237 MFP Moderator
    I'm a mom of a 10 and 13 year old. :) Congrats on the new baby! And something I took far too long to acknowledge, and it looks like you already know (but I'm going to post it anyway): You have to take care of yourself so that you can take care of your babies. Making time for yourself for getting healthy means that you'll be around to take care of them for longer, you'll have the energy you need, and it will put you in a better frame of mind to be there for them. Welcome to MFP!
  • RunningOnWontons
    RunningOnWontons Posts: 138 Member
    Congrats on your new baby!

I'm also looking for some extra exercise and weight loss support! I'm about to become a first time Mom myself (in a few weeks) and am trying to plan out how to fit some "me time" for exercise into my life after baby arrives. I had a long way to go in my weight loss journey even before becoming pregnant, and I know motherhood is an additional challenge--but I'm game! :smile:

I sent you a friend request--any moms or soon-to-be moms feel free to add me.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    I'm expecting my 2nd in June. Trying to care for my toddler, staying fit, lifting weights, eating healthy, keeping the house presentable, going to school full time AND working a part time job all while exhausted and pregnant is not exactly going to be a picnic. I'm sure it will only get harder when #2 arrives! Wheee!
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    I just gave birth to my 5th child a week ago. I'm going to be eating at maintenance for at least a month before cutting calories, and I'm waiting about as long before I get back to the gym (probably after 6 week check and Dr clearance), but feel free to add me!
  • Hey! I have two kids... Ella (7) and Reagan (4). Feel free to add me! I definitely get how hard it becomes for us moms!
  • pagella
    pagella Posts: 44
    mathjulz wrote: »
    I just gave birth to my 5th child a week ago. I'm going to be eating at maintenance for at least a month before cutting calories, and I'm waiting about as long before I get back to the gym (probably after 6 week check and Dr clearance), but feel free to add me!
    I'm staying at maintenance until I start not loosing bc I am bfing so we are in same boat :smile: