Looking for a "fitness pal" for motivation and support?

Options
Hey :) I have been on MFP for quite a while but I need to get more consistent again with my tracking and determination. I have over 100lbs to lose and was hoping to find someone who would be willing to kind of partner up with me, for motivation and support sake, during the journey. Preferably someone who, like me, has a lot to lose, is motivated to make lifestyle changes, not just diet changes, and someone who could benefit also from having a friend to help keep them going. Looking forward to getting re-started! :)

Replies

• gamesandgains
    gamesandgains Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Although I'm not currently in your exact situation, I was at one point. I think it may behoove you to friend up with people who have gone through this journey already and could offer you a lot of advice through their own trial and error. Feel free to add me and i'd be more than willing to help, I may not be fit as a partner though based on your needs.
  • crystallynnl
    crystallynnl Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I have a lot to lose as well..Like 100+ (Since I want to be closer to 100 pounds lol) I will Friend request you if that's okay..
  • kristinsnm
    kristinsnm Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Definitely :) Thanks for the add!
  • Sara45431
    Sara45431 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I would love a buddy and I have over 100+ lbs to lose. I will send you a friend request.
  • cmfranco11
    cmfranco11 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I don't need to loose as much as you do i do need encouragement just the same. A buddy is welcomed no matter the road we have in front of us . The fact is having someone to vent with ... Cheer with ...is just basics needs we truly want . So add me ... If you like I do understand your road been there before '!! :) never wanna go back !!
  • Tourn85
    Tourn85 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    i am looking for support aswell
  • holtzyt
    holtzyt Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I no longer need to lose as much as you, but did at one time. At my best, I lost 115. I since have put 15 back on after quitting smoking, but am determined to lose that again. Know the battles you have in front of you and would love to support you - and super need support myself! Friend me if you would like! :smile:
  • teswanso
    Options
    I am in a similar situation regarding having been on MFP for a while but got out of the habit of logging. I lost 35 lbs, kept it off for 2 years, but in the last 8 months I've been fighting a mini weight swing in the range of 10 lbs. I'm a little scared and I don't want to slide the wrong direction. I want to re-establish good habits! I currently don't have a very good support network. But I really am in need of people with similar struggles and goals to get to know better. I would love to give and receive motivation, support, and accountability in a small group setting. I'm not sure what you had in mind, but it looks like MFP supports just those type of scenarios: http://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/1031610-what-is-a-group-
    If you'd like me on your team, let me know :) Either way, I too will friend request you.