I'm Flabulous!

Options
:love: Hey everybody...do you have any suggestions to help with flab, stretchmarks, and a kangaroo pouch?...weight loss this time around has been good but I'm still having trouble with these areas...:frown: I'm happy with the weightloss but it seems that when I did it the first time, I was much more toned...the other weight loss effort was made about 2 years ago...I did well too and I looked much healthier....

Replies

• RainbowNtheWaterfall
    Options
    :love: Hey everybody...do you have any suggestions to help with flab, stretchmarks, and a kangaroo pouch?...weight loss this time around has been good but I'm still having trouble with these areas...:frown: I'm happy with the weightloss but it seems that when I did it the first time, I was much more toned...the other weight loss effort was made about 2 years ago...I did well too and I looked much healthier....
  • domjar
    domjar Posts: 19
    Options
    i am having the same problem.... needing help with the mommy pouch!!!
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    Everytime you put back on and then lose it is going to harder . You will have to work harder to get the same results. My advice is to up your cardio. You can't trim fat off of just certain areas. But the more overall fat you lose the smaller those areas will get. I have the same problem right now too. I was thinking I might just get a baby kangaroo to carry around in mine.
  • domjar
    Options
    how do I get the ticker on the bottom of my post
  • RainbowNtheWaterfall
    Options
    at least your's is a mommy pouch:cry: .....mine came from hamburgers:smile:
  • RainbowNtheWaterfall
    Options
    Everytime you put back on and then lose it is going to harder . You will have to work harder to get the same results. My advice is to up your cardio. You can't trim fat off of just certain areas. But the more overall fat you lose the smaller those areas will get. I have the same problem right now too. I was thinking I might just get a baby kangaroo to carry around in mine.

Lol...thanks:bigsmile: I'm glad somebody knows what I mean when I say Kangaroo pouch...here:flowerforyou: this is for you...:smile: ...I've had some people raise the eye brows when I use that term...but thanks for the advice:smile:
  • RainbowNtheWaterfall
    Options
    how do I get the ticker on the bottom of my post
    if you've made it already...have you?....then you go to my home and settings and then click on the sec that says something about changing your signature...then when you create the signature, you can put it in the same box
  • domjar
    Options
    got it thanks....
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    If it's fat it will come off. Slowly, and you can't target it, but it will happen. If it's saggy extra skin (like a lot of us have in different places- mine is on my upper arms and UGH :explode: makes me so angry, lol) then unfortunately it's not going anywhere. For some of us the skmin will snap back either completely or partly over time but if you have a large amount, surgery is likely the best way to fix it. If it is skin (and a dr. could tell you this, but it's easy to tell on your own too. Take it between your indew and thumb and give it a pull, not too hard, if pulling on it this way doesn't hurt and it easily pulls, it's skin, if it hurts or is tough to grasp, it's probably fat). Anyway if it is skin you need to give it some time. If at your goal weight the skin is still hanging around, and you want to take a surgical route you could begin looking into it. Good luck, it is a common problem especially for moms... or people like me with flabby arms :angry:
  • RainbowNtheWaterfall
    Options
    got it thanks....
    Priitttyyy:smile: ....welcome
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    Strength training will really help a ton with the toning as well.....you build muscle and the skin at least on my arms is much less prominent....perhaps it's more fat than skin so it's just leaving my body?

Either way flab or no flab...I say strength training is a great way to go..... it offers SO much ...boosts metabolism, keeps blood sugars leveled out (which keeps the hunger,cravings at bay) help to continue to burn fat throughout the entire day ..........just a few of the fabulous things about using weights!

Anna mentioned cardio.......Cheers for Cardio:drinker: Gets your heart much healthier, burns those cals....wonderful things to be had by cardio workouts as well......... I believe for myself a great mix up of the two is what works best for myself.:flowerforyou:

Then there's always Yoga to lengthen, create better flexibility, balance, calm your Spirit, mind and whole body....lots of good things from Yoga and Pilates!:heart::flowerforyou: :heart:
  • RainbowNtheWaterfall
    Options
    If it's fat it will come off. Slowly, and you can't target it, but it will happen. If it's saggy extra skin (like a lot of us have in different places- mine is on my upper arms and UGH :explode: makes me so angry, lol) then unfortunately it's not going anywhere. For some of us the skmin will snap back either completely or partly over time but if you have a large amount, surgery is likely the best way to fix it. If it is skin (and a dr. could tell you this, but it's easy to tell on your own too. Take it between your indew and thumb and give it a pull, not too hard, if pulling on it this way doesn't hurt and it easily pulls, it's skin, if it hurts or is tough to grasp, it's probably fat). Anyway if it is skin you need to give it some time. If at your goal weight the skin is still hanging around, and you want to take a surgical route you could begin looking into it. Good luck, it is a common problem especially for moms... or people like me with flabby arms :angry:
    Thanks soo much for your input...i think mine is a little of both but i can see where the skin looks like a eflated balloon in some places...I'll kepp working on it but I might have to consider surgery later like you mentioned...keep up the good work and stay focused today...:bigsmile: u can do it!
  • RainbowNtheWaterfall
    Options
    Strength training will really help a ton with the toning as well.....you build muscle and the skin at least on my arms is much less prominent....perhaps it's more fat than skin so it's just leaving my body?

Either way flab or no flab...I say strength training is a great way to go..... it offers SO much ...boosts metabolism, keeps blood sugars leveled out (which keeps the hunger,cravings at bay) help to continue to burn fat throughout the entire day ..........just a few of the fabulous things about using weights!

Anna mentioned cardio.......Cheers for Cardio:drinker: Gets your heart much healthier, burns those cals....wonderful things to be had by cardio workouts as well......... I believe for myself a great mix up of the two is what works best for myself.:flowerforyou:

Then there's always Yoga to lengthen, create better flexibility, balance, calm your Spirit, mind and whole body....lots of good things from Yoga and Pilates!:heart::flowerforyou: :heart:

Thanks for the great advice...Keep up the excellent works...:drinker: (it's water of course. lol)
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    I would also recommend pilates. Great way to strengthen the whole body using your own body weight. It has been doing amazing things to my belly recently (post two babies and um a few hamburgers or two :blushing: )
  • RainbowNtheWaterfall
    Options
    I would also recommend pilates. Great way to strengthen the whole body using your own body weight. It has been doing amazing things to my belly recently (post two babies and um a few hamburgers or two :blushing: )

Thanks...I'll have to put Pilates on the to do list:drinker:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options

That's hilarious! I can give creidt of my kangaroo pouch to babies & hamburgers I ate while cooking my babies. Mmmm...Burger King was my friend back them. :laugh: Good luck to you! :flowerforyou:
  • RainbowNtheWaterfall
    Options

That's hilarious! I can give creidt of my kangaroo pouch to babies & hamburgers I ate while cooking my babies. Mmmm...Burger King was my friend back them. :laugh: Good luck to you! :flowerforyou:
    ...lol...cute baby pic...Have you tried turkey burgers?...Delicious...I like to make mine with chunky salsa....:tongue: making my mouth water as I type:laugh:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Oh! No, I haven't. I've tried Boca Burgers & Veggie burgers but turkey burgers are a great idea! Thanks for the compliment, too! She is pretty cute. :happy:
  • RainbowNtheWaterfall
    Options
    Oh! No, I haven't. I've tried Boca Burgers & Veggie burgers but turkey burgers are a great idea! Thanks for the compliment, too! She is pretty cute. :happy:
    ...yeah she is...and your welcome:smile: