Done, and onto the next thing

Options
Milvardea
Milvardea Posts: 52
edited October 2014 in Success Stories
Hello! My name is Mina, and I aim to lose 45 pounds. I am trying to be healthier overall, and I am slowly but surely moving in the right direction! I have been seriously trying to change my lifestyle and diet and exercise routine for a while now.

As of today I have been:
- Cigarette and tobacco free for four months!
- Soda free for two weeks!
- Dessert free for one week!
- Doing yoga at least once a week for a year!
- Doing yoga at least twice a week for two months!
- Gone a walk six nights a week for three weeks!
- Have been mostly processed food and fast food free for two weeks!
- Have lost one pound in the last seven days!
- Had a cheat meal yesterday and still didn't go over my number limits!
- Have been keeping close track of my food and exercise for about a week!

It's been a very difficult, year-long transition. I know I haven't lost any weight yet, but I think that I am moving in that direction! I'm super proud of myself, and I treated myself with a trip to both the pumpkin patch and the apple orchard this weekend! We picked fruit and had a grand old time.

Wish me luck!

Replies

• LoveLoveandRage
    LoveLoveandRage Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Good luck and keep up with the good work and lifestyle changes :smile:
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    Going dessert free isn't worth it. There's no point in living without the good stuff!
  • get_it_grrl
    Options
    You guys crack me up. Instead of congratulating her on all of the other successes, you have to pick apart her decision to skip dessert.

Fabulous job, Dear! Stay focused and keep looking forward!
  • Milvardea
    Options
    You guys crack me up. Instead of congratulating her on all of the other successes, you have to pick apart her decision to skip dessert.

Fabulous job, Dear! Stay focused and keep looking forward!

Haha, I don't mind. Thank you for the motivation and the well wishing!

I decided to go dessert free for a while because, while I like desserts, I would rather eat other things. If giving up my dessert for today means I can eat another serving of meat-ful spaghetti, or another chicken taco, or another cup of soup, I will take those things over dessert any day!

Most desserts I only ate because they were a convenient snack (things out of vending machines of out of the cafeteria at work) or because they are there and I'm peckish, not because I actually enjoy them.
  • Milvardea
    Options
    The only dessert I miss is one I can't have anyway; my mother's secret recipe for what she calls "Magic Bars." She won't give me the recipe, and she lives 12 hours away and they don't mail well, so I get them twice a year when I see her: Once at Christmas, and once in June when I usually visit.
  • Milvardea
    Options
    Going dessert free isn't worth it. There's no point in living without the good stuff!

What he said...I usually a cookie or a couple of spoons of ice cream every night and I make it fit into my calories. There is NO reason to give up the stuff you love...except the smoking...it's just gross.

If I loved it, I wouldn't give it up. I don't even like most desserts!
  • crisb2
    crisb2 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    jbgblg681ws0.jpg

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!

Ignore the negative people, they love picking apart anything that's different from what they do.
  • kharmon2013
    kharmon2013 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Great work! every bit counts, and not smoking is a huge success :)
  • Milvardea
    Options
    Thank you, thank you! I've been feeling a little down lately because I haven't lost any weight (I even gained a little when I quit smoking), so it feels good to just line up all of your accomplishments and feel proud of them. Everyday, I'm a little bit closer to where I want to be. I love this community, and thank you for your support!
  • MargueriteMuguet
    MargueriteMuguet Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    oh huge congrats! I have been very motivate by what you just did. Lining up all your achievements w/o weightloss (except the 1 lb of course ;-) ) ! great and thank you!!!
  • Milvardea
    Options
    oh huge congrats! I have been very motivate by what you just did. Lining up all your achievements w/o weightloss (except the 1 lb of course ;-) ) ! great and thank you!!!

You are welcome! I hope my achievments can motivate others. I like to write down what I've accomplished already every day, then write down what I want to accomplish every day next to it. It feels really good to move one thing from one list to the other!
  • VanessaRudden
    VanessaRudden Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Well Done you! Keep up the Good Work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!