Needed: Support and encouragement with the impending holiday season

Options
I have holiday anxiety. I am a wallflower in a social butterfly's clothing. I act like the princess of the ball at a gathering, overeat, then go home and completely melt down. It's a completely worthless cycle that happens EVERY year, and I'm tired of it. Really need some friends to help get me, and each other, through what should be a happy time of year.

Replies

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Why do you melt down?
  • TFaustino67
    TFaustino67 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    randomtai wrote: »
    Why do you melt down?

^ That. You need to identify the problem before you can find a solution.
  • mrsfurby14
    mrsfurby14 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Add me, we can motivate each other on our journey.
  • holtzyt
    holtzyt Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Ok, I wasn't very detailed - I know the problems. Solutions and problems are always a bit more complicated than can be typed into a message board. The motivation and support I was looking for was just about the emotional overeating that happens. Even though I believe I have a solution for my "problem", the habits still occur and nothing is fixed overnight. I'm sorry for the confusion - actually just wondered if anyone else had trouble at the holidays or if I was seriously the only one.
  • holtzyt
    holtzyt Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    randomtai wrote: »
    Why do you melt down?

^ That. You need to identify the problem before you can find a solution.

Ok, I wasn't very detailed - I know the problems. Solutions and problems are always a bit more complicated than can be typed into a message board, and often quite personal. The motivation and support I was looking for was just about the emotional overeating that happens. Even though I believe I have a solution for my "problem", the habits still occur and nothing is fixed overnight. I'm sorry for the confusion - actually just wondered if anyone else had trouble at the holidays or if I was seriously the only one. :\