Hi

Options
Hi,

I am totally new to this. I am one who is wanting to get to a target of 168lbs by next year, My current weight is 222lbs and feel aweful about how I look. I have not cash for the gym yet and new to the site. Help on finding nice recipes would be great.

Replies

• dfresh050
    dfresh050 Posts: 15
    Options
    good luck to you tons of food ideas on here in the food forum
  • new_me_9_67
    new_me_9_67 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP and let me tell you that you do not need a gym to get started on this weight loss journey.
    just keep track of all your food accurately and get some form of physical activity going like walking and body weight exercises and you will accomplish your goals.

Best of luck to you. and feel free to add me if you'd like
  • Xandi
    Xandi Posts: 319
    Options
    Welcome and good luck!
    A gym isn't necessary as you can accomplish your goals by calorie restrictions and just moving.
    a nice walk works well.
  • rinitafitz
    Options
    Hi,

You can do it. I notice that cutting out bad carbs (white rice, pasta, and bread) has helped me a lot. I also cut back on sodas. I didn't want to diet...I wanted to change my eating habit. Something that's not temporary, but life changing.
  • Duracell88
    Options
    Thanks for the warm welcome folks, Food is where I need to start. I mean in three years I have quite smoking and happily stayed away from it for 3+ and drink very rarely however food is a weakness and the work I do at the moment takes up all my time however, I am going to make time to exercise.