Addicted to Takeaways?

Options
I never really thought it was a problem but ive noticed since i've been logging all my food down in here i'm seriously shocked at the amount of crap that i'm acctually eating! I mean, since last Sunday i've logged 5 seperate trips to McDonalds and only 2 days where i havent had some sort of fast food! I had no idea it was this bad until i checked thought all my entries this afternoon!! How could I not notice what I was eating even though i logged it all down?! I take MFP very seriously but i've somehow sleepwalked back into my bad habits! :(

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Instead of running to McD's run to the market and stock up on good food. Then you won't have to run out for anything.
  • rissadiane
    rissadiane Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I'm going through the same thing right now. It doesn't help that I'm a manager for McD's - yikes! I'm just trying to focus starting today on eating healthier. Good luck! Feel free to add me if you want. :flowerforyou:
  • Genie30
    Genie30 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    It can be hard to think straight when your busy or distracted so I find planning ahead works well for me. I sit down every evening and plan my meals for the day and I make a packed lunch for work so that I don't have to make snap decisions.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    Start thinking about WHY you are heading to the fast food places... Is it because of time? Convience? It just sounds good? Or some other reason.

I notice on the weekends we eat a lot of fast food as well. Mostly because I didn't prepare for the weekends (ie no breakfast items, no lunches planned)... What I have to do is buy the breakfast items a week before I plan to use them when I go on my weekly shopping trip (I usually go grocery shopping on Saturday) so they are in the house and ready to go by the next weekend.
  • k1mcat
    k1mcat Posts: 68
    Options
    Sometimes this can be a tougher habit to break than it seems. For me part of the fast food/Starbuck's experience was the ritual of it all- the drive thru, the banter with the barista, etc. . It wasn't just about the "food". Stay busy, stay prepared and change your mindset. It can be done. . :flowerforyou:
  • amc2509
    amc2509 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I plan my menus for the week before I do my shopping, this is the only thing that keeps me sane. I know what everyone will have in the house for breakfast, lunch and dinner for the following 7 days and I rarely visit the shop during the week. I had to do this because we are on a tight budget, but it also helps with my weight loss journey. A trip to McD's in our house is a major treat and is planned for at least a week in advance... I work full time too and find that the slow cooker (crockpot) is my saviour! Dinner is never long after I come in from work, I generally have it ready to put on the table once we have homework done.
    It might sound very regimental, but it works for me
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    This is so me. I live alone so I hate cooking a meal that's just for me so what I've done is bought everything I can find that's low cal and simple. Lots of microwavables like healthy choice and fat free snacks like popcorn and tuna. This makes it super easy and convenient to just grab something. I also buy the pre cut and washed fruits and veggies so I don't have to spend the time doing it myself. It may cost a bit more money wise but in the long run it'll cost me something greater if I eat mcdonalds all the time.
  • swthrtsmrf
    swthrtsmrf Posts: 384
    Options
    . I also buy the pre cut and washed fruits and veggies so I don't have to spend the time doing it myself. It may cost a bit more money wise but in the long run it'll cost me something greater if I eat mcdonalds all the time.

That is so me. I hate cutting, rinsing, etc. I am all for the precut stuff. Even the precut apples are still healthy and I love the convenience of them.

There is nothing wrong with running to grab McDonald's or any other fast food, just be careful about what you buy and how often. You can still make healthy choices when eating fast food. Downside is the sodium to it all.

But you are not the only one who has fell back to old habits. I did that the past two days. I made my husband cream filled cupcakes (he and I only ate 2 a piece), chocolate chip cookies (I ate three of them, the rest went to VA with him), and a banana cake because I had bananas that needed to be used or thrown out (I only ate two 2x2in slices). But sometimes it is hard to not fall back into habits. As long as we break out of them again...Or eat it in portion control smartness.
  • baby05phat
    baby05phat Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    i cant even take you seriously after i read your profile
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Strong first post...after two and a half years, I doubt the OP is still here
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    Strong first post...after two and a half years, I doubt the OP is still here

She probably ran to McDonalds
  • Hannahp1402
    Hannahp1402 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    baby05phat wrote: »

Eventful...
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    So you arent addicted. You are just being lazy....
  • oxlisaxo91
    oxlisaxo91 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    baby05phat wrote: »
    Bumping this purely so more people can read her profile :#:#