Body aching after weight and aerobic classes

Options
I recently started weight and aerobic classes at a gym, and my body is aching once I go to bed. Sometimes after class I drink a protein drink, but I recently was told about a pre/post supplements from Beachbody called Energy & Endurance. (I AM NOT A COACH) Has anyone tried this supplement, if so do you think this will help my body after classes. If you have not tried this product, can you offer a supplement that will help the aches, I don't want to quit the classes because I want to get lean and tone, being that I have lost a total of 17lbs since the first of the year.

Replies

• shattrdillusion
    Options
    Soreness usually only lasts a day or so after working out and dies out after your body gets used to it, I say talk to your doctor if it's really really bad and lasting a long time. Otherwise, a couple advil and a warm bath helps a lot!
  • Butrovich
    Butrovich Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    The muscle soreness after a workout is natural. There are numerous articles on the internet that suggest remedies, although the best I have found is to stretch and use a foam roller after workouts. As for "Shakeology", I do not use that and cannot testify how effective it is, although it is too expensive for my liking.
  • MuddyEquestrian
    MuddyEquestrian Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Supplements don't usually help with being sore. Your muscles are getting used to the new regime. If you're uncomfortable sometimes a heating pad can help. Also, try some light yoga once you get home from your class. Good luck!
  • MovingMellybug
    Options
    The best advice I can give is to make sure you drink LOTS of water and do adequate stretching. Whenever you start a new program, you're putting new stresses on your body and muscles, which leads to DOMS (Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness). The extra stretching (even beyond what your instructor should be leading during class) and the additional water intake should help flush out the lactic acid build-up in your muscles.
    As for any supplements that you could find/take - keep in mind that the weight-loss industry is HUGE, and everyone is out to make money OFF OF YOU! The only supplements I take is a Daily Multivitamin and Fish Oil.
    The good news is that the soreness will get better....
  • jenny3008
    jenny3008 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I've never tried them doubt you can even get them in the UK but muscle pain.... oh I'm feeling that one.
    3rd work out this week, apparently we are stepping up the pace again and I think there may be a muscle somewhere in my nose that doesn't hurt

The only thing I find that helps is, keeping moving ( need to follow my own advice on this), drink plenty of water, take an anti-inflammatory if its too bad and time.

Also clinging to this :smiley:
    The good news is that the soreness will get better....