Wow, this is really working

Options
Hello All!

I have lost 14.6 pounds since 7/21/14. Sometimes I cannot believe that something so simple as counting calories could make this big of a difference. I put on a pair of jeans today that I could not wear last winter. I am wearing scrub tops and bottoms to work that I had shoved to the back of my closet.

I am not perfect all of the time - I like froyo a whole lot! As long as I count it, I am accountable! For those of you who don't have much time to exercise, I am in the same boat. I am a busy professional and graduate student. The weight is lost in the kitchen and the body is toned at the gym. I only get in 2-3 short cardio workouts per week. I hope to be able to do more over winter break from school.

I love reading all of the success stories. Keep them coming and good luck!

Replies

• mizroxy13
    mizroxy13 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Oh my god girl! I could have written this myself! I definitely have my treats too, but have lost the same mount of weight in the same amount of time!

Don't you just want to face palm and tell yourself, "Oh my god. Duhhh. Can't believe I didn't figure that out sooner!" :)

Congrats and keep up the good work!!! :)
  • fishernd
    fishernd Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I am doing EXACTLY the same thing and it's working for me too! Food is 80-90% of weight loss, and exercise the rest. I'm focusing on the big picture here. I'm exercising when I WANT to and have TIME to, so I'm not stressing myself out about not making it to the gym (no stress = no binge eating). I've logged for the past 80 days and I, too, am losing weight. No fad diets, no 7 days a week in the gym. All balanced. And I accepted the fact that the weight would come off slowly but surely, and it has. Love it! Great job ladies!
  • fishernd
    fishernd Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    PS. I'm ALSO a busy professional and a grad student!
  • He1loKitty
    He1loKitty Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    This is how I've lost 24 pounds since March! Who knew this whole time it had more to do with eating? (I think I knew but didn't want to acknowledge it). Keep up the good work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!