i want to run like the wind ...

Options
Well maybe not that fast but i do want to run & enjoy it.

As long i as can remember i've never really been good at running. Even when i was slim & proffessional swimming running to catch the bus would leave me out of breath & in pain. I tried to start running a few months ago but after 0.25miles of slow jog i started to feel sick & blacked out. Can someone please help me, i live in a lovely area & the weather is so good i want to do my exercise outdoors not in a gym!
Does anyone have any ideas of how i should put together a training plan? Do you think i should see the Dr before starting? Woukd really appreciate help & support on this one
Ta x

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    You might want to look into "couch to 5K." I have not tried this - but I know there is the regular version & a less strenuous one. They have apps and music programs too if you want. I can't bring myself to to try this. I'm too much of a baby. Good luck!
  • catism
    catism Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Due to your almost blacking out, I would talk with a naturopath or physician. Past that, there are a lot of great running coaches available online. I have made training programs for a few friends and would be happy to do the same for you. Again, though, I would advise you to see a professional about your difficulty breathing and blacking out.
  • jenfunfur
    jenfunfur Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Thank you, i think i will go see my doctor just to be safe. Had a look at c25k think thats what i'll try & see how i go. Wish me luck :)
  • catism
    catism Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    good luck! once you start it becomes addictive :) i hope you and your body grow to love running!