Activity Level

Options
So I have my activity level set at active but I am wondering if I should increase it to very active??? My typical workout is as follows:
Monday-rest day or a 1/2hr walk
Tuesday-60mins at the gym and 45mins of yoga or 60min walk
Wednesday-60mins at the gym and 45mins of yoga or 60min walk
Thursday-60mins at the gym and 45mins of yoga or 60min walk
Friday-60mins at the gym and 30mins of yoga or ??mins walk
Saturday-1 1/2hrs at the gym
Sunday-1 1/2hr at the gym

So this is my typical week (on average). I sit at a desk all day with little movement (except up and down the stairs)
Any thoughts are appreicated.
Thanks!

Replies

• knacarelli
    Options
    I'm trying to remember how it worked when I first signed up here. I'm pretty sure it asks you what your work day is like so it knows if you are buring calories during the day. You have the same kind of job I have (sitting on our *kitten* all day) so I would leave it the way you have it. As long as you are logging your many hours of exercise (which you are) you fine!
  • ashxo12
    ashxo12 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    No. You activity level should be based on your job. Then you add in the exercise you get daily. So if you sit at a desk all day, then that would be "Sedentary: Spend most of the day sitting (e.g. bank teller, desk job)"
  • jdg1mfp
    jdg1mfp Posts: 103
    Options
    WOW. Maybe Too ACTIVE! LOL
    I guess it depends on how your body responds.
    I used to have a schedule similar to yours going 7 days a week and all I got was tired.
    When I started eating better and taking 1 - 2 days off a week to let my body fully recover I started to lose weight again.
    Remember that recovery is as important or more important than the exercise itself.
  • absolament
    absolament Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I have mine set for an average work day even though I usually go for 40 minutes or more of a walk (breaks/lunch) and often go to the gym in the evening. Why don't you experiement by changing your settings around and see what the calorie recommendation would be, then choose one that looks about right for you. Test it out for a week or two and modify as needed.
  • CrazyC8
    CrazyC8 Posts: 16
    Options
    If you have a desk job, your activity level should be set at sedentary. MFP wants to know what your typical day is like to determine the amount of calories you should eat without working out being considered. Then when you log your workouts you gain more calories you are allowed to "eat back" for that day.
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!! I reset my activity level and my calories are back down to 1200 per day. I have been doing 1200 with no results since the first month. Maybe I'll move my weight loss per week to .5lbs??? Its a marathon not a sprint right??!!!!
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Nice level, I'm not sure about the settings but you are doing a great job staying active. Your body is very grateful, trust me!