George Foreman Grill

Options
2»

Replies

• derekj222
    derekj222 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I'm on my 2nd one...This one has a temp gauge...love it. Wish I had one with removable plates, cleaning is a b---h
  • LeonCX
    LeonCX Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    @derekj222 - here's a tip. Right after using, unplug it and put a wet paper towel on the grill and close it. Wait ten minutes. The steam from the paper towel will do all the work. Then just sponge it off under running water, just don't immerse it.
  • missjones513
    missjones513 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I have the smallest one. It's good for chicken and burgers.
  • gamerguy123
    gamerguy123 Posts: 48 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I couldn't do without my GF grill. I have the one with removable plates. 4 serving was worth the extra for me.

Pros: Great for frozen turkey burgers or ground turkey. Also works for bacon. It's great because it's easy and fast. Grilled sandwhiches are a nice change of pace and are very easy.

Cons: I find the plates don't clean as well in the dishwasher and after each use it's tough to clean it up to make it look new again. Mine had signs of use only after a few months.

• Makterbro
    Makterbro Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    DO IT!

Buying a George foreman grill is one of the best decisions I made after I decided to loose weight. I had no time to cook so I would always end up eating a lot of processed foods that were high in sodium. With the forman grill, I can cook chicken breasts within minutes. Not to mention that the grill drains a lot of fat from non-lean meats.
  • Ibyzr
    Ibyzr Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Love mine, easy to clean, cooks quickly. No regrets.
  • darkrose20
    darkrose20 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    I love mine. I just cooked a bison steak on it. I love it that much more, since we can't grill at our apartment complex. I love it EVEN more since I got it FOR FREE!
  • simplydelish2
    simplydelish2 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    The grills aren't very expensive. Try it. I tend to use my pannini press more than the GF. My GF gets so hot that the outside of the meat is done way before the inside - making it really dry.
  • crookback
    crookback Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Had mine for a couple of years. I use it mainly for chicken, fish and grilled veg. Quick, easy and always done to perfection.
  • VintageFit
    VintageFit Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Quick question - can you put unthawed frozen meat on this kind of grill to cook it?

I have a superold version from my grandma, but have never used it. My problem is that I rarely eat meat so I usually freeze it and then forget that I have to defrost it and then... never eat it.
  • Efflictim
    Efflictim Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    VintageFit wrote: »
    Quick question - can you put unthawed frozen meat on this kind of grill to cook it?

I have a superold version from my grandma, but have never used it. My problem is that I rarely eat meat so I usually freeze it and then forget that I have to defrost it and then... never eat it.

Yes, i do it all the time. But make sure it is cooked all the way in the middle.
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I use mine all the time in the winter when it is too cold to grill outside. It is quick and does a great job, I love mine. My one recommendation would be removable plates, which you said you were going to get. Will make it easier to clean, that is the only negative I have. I always put a wet dish cloth on it after cooking and close it, but it is still a job cleaning it. I have not had any problems with it not getting hot enough. I always preheat it though.
  • EllaJae
    EllaJae Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I bought one a month ago from Harvey Norman, it had a free steamer with it , for only $49, bargain! Not sure if the deal is still available, worth checking though.