Just joined yesterday, my nutritionist recommended this site, another tool to get me where I need to

Options
Scheduled for Bariatric Surgery in February. Seen Nutritionist today ( I like to call her my "new best friend" ) she's gonna show me how to make this successful, I think she's gonna be the most important "tool" to me

Replies

• whatatime2befit
    whatatime2befit Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Welcome :)
  • Jill814
    Jill814 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    welcome!!
  • hearthemelody
    hearthemelody Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Hello!
  • TossaBeanBag
    TossaBeanBag Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I hope this helps you increase the quality of your life.
  • sarrah_n
    sarrah_n Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I hope this resource will help you reach and maintain your goals!
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This tool is an AMAZING help, and if you use it properly I'm sure it'll help you rocket to success! :)
  • jessicapk
    jessicapk Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm glad your nutritionist sent you this way! MFP has changed the way I think about food. It's amazing how simply changing your relationship with food can change your life. Good luck with the surgery but I'd recommend giving this a try first! You might be amazed that you can lose weight in a healthy way, still treat yourself to things you enjoy, and become healthier without the risks of surgery.
  • shifterbrainz
    shifterbrainz Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Yes, nice step in the right direction. MFP friends can be a wonderful thing!!! :)
  • jessicapk
    jessicapk Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Yes, nice step in the right direction. MFP friends can be a wonderful thing!!! :)

Totally agreed! Get yourself some friends on here and it makes the whole process so much easier :smile: Your MFP friends know what you're going through and will listen with enthusiasm when the people in "real" life are bored about hearing about weight loss.
  • pinkiezoom
    pinkiezoom Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    welcome, if you need some friends for support feel free to add me x
  • Doone33
    Doone33 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Glad to have you. I have used this site several times to get started. The trick is... work towards your goals. Not ever change happens over night. I am a teacher and a nurse... so during the winter If you need a follower.... I would be glad to give you HONEST feedback! and of course encouragement ohhhh.. and recipes! LOL!
  • anebergall
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I have been using it for 5 months. It is a wonderful tool & you will learn so many new things ! It will teach you how to work in the things you enjoy & lead you to a life changing way of thinking. It is an amazing program & is definitely my PAL!