black girls workout too

Options
I have started week 2 of black girls workout too and I lost 7 pounds. But when I weighed 4 days ago I lost 2 pounds, then yesterday I weighed and gained 4 pounds back. I have been following the maealplan completely. I have been consuming around 600-800 calories a day according to my calorie counter. I'm not sure what happened. I'm new to working out. I was told that I consumed too few calories each day. But I honestly did not feel hungry because I drank 8 glasses of water each day. Help me please. Was this water weight or did my body go into starvation mode. I'm 5'2 and 300lb female if that helps.

Replies

• SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    Options
    Why are you consuming so little?
  • GameOfPearls
    Options
    It just happened. I tried not to eat when I'm not hungry and if I did eat it be a few grapes or an orange.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    I heard there was a website called black people date too.
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    1. you're not eating enough, use this calculator to figure how many calories you should be eating - http://scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator/

2. Unlike what you see on all of the weight loss shows, weight loss is not linear, there are ups and down, you just need to be patient.

ETA: this is from someone who's lost over 100lbs and is keeping it off eating way more than 800 calories
  • branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    Options
    1st of all you need to eat more. That amount of calories is WAY too little. 2nd of all, try not to focus on the scale as much as you do the way your clothes fit, your measurements, and the way you feel. My weight fluctuates 4-8 lbs depending on where I am at in the month. The # on the scale is not as important as you think it is. Good luck to you.
  • serialmahogany
    serialmahogany Posts: 42 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I went through this in the beginning too. I was eating liek that and never felt true hunger. Then I found out that was a problem. I really never feel hunger pains, or indications. I started with the intermittent fasting, used the iiif calc via google to know what calories I should be eating and finally felt what it felt like when my body was "hungry". Then eventually I bumped my calories higher. I did really good. I now have a better appetite, and way more energy than ever. I fell off the wagon for a year, stopped IF and pretty much maintained at 170...but I will say this, my body now lets me know now, and I have since in the last week or so bumped down to a healthy deficit and I am seeing a change while I am eating healthy, and about 6 times a day. GL OP

PS The scooby calc is on the money accurate!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    omg EAT!
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    I heard there was a website called black people date too.

If the subject starts out with "Black people" it's probably racist.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    You are eating too little. Also if you are new to exercising it is water weight. Why are you eating only 800 calories?
  • kimekakes28
    kimekakes28 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Re-evaluate your meal plan. You need more calories than that just sleep. Your weight is going to go up and down naturally in the course of a month. Sometimes the weight may not change drastically but you will notice it when your clothes fit differently. Don't be hard on yourself, stay consistent, and know everyday you are doing something good for YOU.
  • dbmata
    Options
    Or at least racially biased and possibly steeped in an unfair and inappropriate stereotype?
  • JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    Options
    mika2690 wrote: »
    I have started week 2 of black girls workout too and I lost 7 pounds. But when I weighed 4 days ago I lost 2 pounds, then yesterday I weighed and gained 4 pounds back. I have been following the maealplan completely. I have been consuming around 600-800 calories a day according to my calorie counter. I'm not sure what happened. I'm new to working out. I was told that I consumed too few calories each day. But I honestly did not feel hungry because I drank 8 glasses of water each day. Help me please. Was this water weight or did my body go into starvation mode. I'm 5'2 and 300lb female if that helps.

What meal plan has you at 800 calories at 300lbs? Post up the link, and I can help you vs what these others are posting.
  • yoovie
    Options

What meal plan has you at 800 calories at 300lbs? Post up the link, and I can help you vs what these others are posting.

excuse me?

strangles
  • JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    Options
    yoovie wrote: »

excuse me?

strangles

I can't see any meal plan having her on 800 calories. So I'll review and tell her where she might be misunderstanding

• dbmata
    Options

excuse me?

strangles
    don't mind him, he's hangry.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    Options

excuse me?

strangles
    +1

• elgar22
    elgar22 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    1st of all you need to eat more. That amount of calories is WAY too little. 2nd of all, try not to focus on the scale as much as you do the way your clothes fit, your measurements, and the way you feel. My weight fluctuates 4-8 lbs depending on where I am at in the month. The # on the scale is not as important as you think it is. Good luck to you.

Good advice from Branflakes1980, everything I've found out about losing weight backs this up and other posters. If you want to be scientific about it look up your Basal Metabolic Rate. Your body needs a certain amount of calories just to be alive. Find out your BMR then set yourself a target of just below that e.g. my BMR gives me 1400 calories so I set my goal at 1250.

MFP has a BMR calculator tool here
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    I personally use the Scooby Workshop calorie calculator.

http://scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator/

You probably need around 2000 calories a day to drop weight in a healthy manner. Recalculate this for every 5 lbs that you lose.
  • yoovie
    Options

excuse me?

strangles

I can't see any meal plan having her on 800 calories. So I'll review and tell her where she might be misunderstanding

you know im just giving you grief

we both know a program didnt put her on 800 at 300 lbs :P
  • whatatime2befit
    whatatime2befit Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Ditto everyone else. You definitely need to eat more. You aren't going to be able to live on 600-800 calories a day forever. If you don't learn to lose weight, eating healthy, you'll just gain it all back later, once you start eating normally again.