1 year on MFP!

Options
katew221
katew221 Posts: 82 Member
Hi everyone :)

Wanted to make a post that might inspire you or just make you remember how far you have come! Today is my 1 year 'anniversary' on MFP and although I lost my logging streak during a wifi-deprived house move a few months ago, I have logged everyday (using the app on my phone when I didn't have wifi) - even if I didn't like to face up to what I was logging, I logged every bit. The picture below was taken at my highest weight, and a couple of weeks ago while clothes shopping for some new wardrobe treats.

p6cf6kpu38i3.jpg

Vital stats!
5 foot 5 inches/165 cm
23 years old (I started MFP at 22)
Diagnosed with polycystic ovary syndrome at 16
Starting weight 262 lbs
Current weight 189 lbs
Goal weight 150 lbs (Healthy BMI)

So 1 year on MFP and I am 73 lbs down, which is 1.4 lbs per week or 0.2 lbs per day! :D

I know I'm not done yet so I won't preach or offer too much advice. I just wanted to share my anniversary with all you lovely MFP people (*) (*) (*)

Friend requests are totally welcome, I love having positive people on my MFP news feed and I am happy to answer questions or talk to you in inbox messages if there is anything you want to know/tips I have gathered on managing PCOS etc.

I used to read the success stories with a sinking feeling, convinced I'd never be posting my own. I know I'm not posting my 'I did it!' post just yet, but I have done my halfway post and now this one, so don't give up! I'm not :)

Replies

• Rachelwin65
    Rachelwin65 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    GREAT job! You look beautiful. Thank you for sharing your story!
  • cindys921
    cindys921 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Awesome progress! You look great!
  • LastCupOfSorrow
    LastCupOfSorrow Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    How about calling this one the "You're doing it" post!?! You look wonderful.

It's so helpful for me to go through the success stories as I'm just starting out. It gives me hope that it CAN happen and it gives me the motivation to keep going. We're similarly built, and have similar goals, so thank you so much for sharing!!
  • kangaroux92
    kangaroux92 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    omg that is soo great congratulations, you look really good for 189/192. i weigh 174 and still a size 14/13 and i also am 5" 5. you really look like you weight 160 150 in the picture. i really want to loose 30 pounds to get down to 150/140. i know it will take time i also am on what i know will be about a year long journey.
  • pinkiezoom
    pinkiezoom Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic xxxx
  • cindiva65
    cindiva65 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Wow you look great, smaller than what you say you weigh for sure.
  • Palamedes
    Palamedes Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    You have made amazing progress. I think 1 year of consistent behavior is an important milestone. Keep going and good luck.
  • ktaylor1188
    ktaylor1188 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    well done my dear! you look great! you are very close to my weightloss twin lol :smiley: the shoe size change is crazy right?! i used to wear a 9.5 also and went down to an 8...who knew losing weight would change you're shoe size so much :smiley: i also started in the 260's and lost around 70lbs the first year on here (and im 5'6...so close) :smile: my goal was 170 but im now 153 and shooting for 149! add me if you would like some support i have a very small close group of friends and i like to keep it like that but i feel like we could have a lot in common :smile: keep up the great work!!!
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Very well done! Great dedication, you look fantastic.
  • brightsideofpink
    brightsideofpink Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Well done! I hope you bought that outfit because it is adorable on you! Happy Anniversary to you.
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    Great job and you look fantastic. Kudos on 1 year!! That's amazing in and by itself!
  • mseslee
    mseslee Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    congrats! you looks amazing! healthy and amazing :)
  • Fit2BeFly
    Fit2BeFly Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    You are doing wonderful & look great.
  • Mapanggulo
    Mapanggulo Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    You do not look 192 in that picture!! You look great and have made awesome progress! Happy MFP Anniversary!!

I've got 254 days to go, but hope I achieve a year of logging on MFP myself!! You've shown that it is an achievable goal!
  • davidp2711
    davidp2711 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    congrats
  • msalamun
    msalamun Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    That is a great transformation! Awesome job! Keep it up!
  • mustloseweight2015
    mustloseweight2015 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    That's amazing!!! Congrats!!
  • LeonCX
    LeonCX Posts: 862 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    katew221 wrote: »
    I know I'm not done yet so I won't preach or offer too much advice. I just wanted to share my anniversary with all you lovely MFP people (*) (*) (*)
    Preach! Preach! Please share how you are succeeding. :)
  • p444cod41
    p444cod41 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    You look great well done!
  • Ringo1812
    Ringo1812 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Kate you look amazing. I can't tell you how inspiring your story and pictures help me. You look so healthy. Keep up the success. Love to see your pictures when you reach your goal. As the other people said you certainly look less than in the 190's. We have to be careful of saying that to someone as I use to hear that a lot. I didn't look my weight and it got me into all kinds of trouble, thinking I could eat more. Great Job and determination.:)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!