Need help PLEASE!

Options
I started MFP in February. I have lost 23 pounds so far & i am so happy with my results. BUT i have lost no weight in my legs!! That is the main place i would like to lose it! I seem to only be losing in my stomach area! I walk two miles a day on my treadmill. I cannot tell a difference what so ever in my legs :(. Any suggestions or things that have worked for ya"ll????

Replies

• ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    I don't know anything but:

You can tone the muscles there (which may change the appearance) by targeting that area, but you can't burn fat in any specific place.
  • cherubcrnp
    cherubcrnp Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem...I got Tony Little's Private Session DVD for Buns and legs....helping slow but sure. There are several exercise DVD's that deal strickly with problem areas. I would try those
  • ElaineDianne70
    ElaineDianne70 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately you can't spot reduce fat. Just keep doing what you are doing and eventually it will come off. My last place to lose is thighs and stomach. Have you thought about adding some weight training? The more muscle you have on your body, the higher your metabolism, the more fat you burn. :-)
  • husker_gal
    husker_gal Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    have you taken your measurments for your legs? It's very possible that you are just predestined to have larger muscle masses in your legs so they won't ever get to super chicken leg skinny but losing that much weight I'm sure they have gone down at least a little. I'd track your thigh measurments...bet you'll be surprised and see that you are losing inches in them. :flowerforyou:
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    Squats, lunges and so on. I have been doing Brazil Butt lift and now Im doing Chalean Extreme and Im with Z you can tone/tighten muscle not sure about reduce but yes the changes are awsome!!! It does take some time though try not to get agrivated right away.
  • ashleygladue
    Options
    Thanks for all the advice! I have recently started doing 100 squats after the trreadmill so maybe i will see results from that! :) But i was told one you start gaining muscle then you wont lose anymore fat in that area? is that true? Because i want to lose more weight in my stomach but i do 100 crunches a night & was told not to do the crunches until i lose all i want to in my stomach?
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    Again with my disclaimer: I don't know anything but:

I read that you can't be in a calorie deficit (weight loss) and gain muscle weight/bulk.
  • Dnsnyder
    Dnsnyder Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    No, I don't think that's true. A combination of strength training and cardio is the best way to get lean.
  • luppic8
    luppic8 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    If you have a gym membership, use the elliptical. That's how I was able to slim down my legs, hips and bum. If you don't have a gym membership, purchase a workout dvd that focuses on legs/glutes! Doing squats and leg toning exercises can achieve the results you are looking for. You can find instructionals on-line, just google "leg exercises"

Doing the same thing every day will not show the results you are looking for after a while, you have to mix it up. Good luck to you.
  • absolament
    absolament Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Many of us carry more fat in certain places... areas where the fat just seems to enjoy accumulating. For me, it is in my hips. Just keep working to eat right and exercise. As the weight comes off, it will eventually start to come off in your trouble spot, too. But unless you get down to very low levels of fat it is likely that you will still have fat in that zone. Accept what makes you YOU and move on.
  • ShaeDetermined
    ShaeDetermined Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I don't know anything but:

You can tone the muscles there (which may change the appearance) by targeting that area, but you can't burn fat in any specific place.

for someone who doesnt know anything you are spot on :wink:

target the area with squats, lunges, gait swings, sealjacks, supermans etc
    and/or do strength training. low weights, lots of reps

Good Luck!
  • alfapaolo
    alfapaolo Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    www.bodyrock.tv it has a varity of workouts targeting specific areas of our body. give it a check
  • ElaineDianne70
    ElaineDianne70 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the advice! I have recently started doing 100 squats after the trreadmill so maybe i will see results from that! :) But i was told one you start gaining muscle then you wont lose anymore fat in that area? is that true? Because i want to lose more weight in my stomach but i do 100 crunches a night & was told not to do the crunches until i lose all i want to in my stomach?

Not true! Build muscle and you WILL keep burning fat.
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    The more muscle you have the more calories your body will burn so I dont think what you were told is correct.

Oh and I agree try adding hand weights to your squats, lunges, etc.
  • Cynthiafaron
    Cynthiafaron Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    squats - lunges with weights and resistance bands