Advice of leaning out

Options
Hi all

I have been training for the last 6 months and while my weight hasn't changed drastically, my clothes fit better and I get a lot of compliments about weight loss, so something is happening!

My question is that I want to burn more fat (no fat burners please!). I am 5ft and 160 pounds. I am an hourglass shape. Any advice will be useful. Can I also ask if anyone has used Casilan? Does it help with losing fat and gaining muscle?

Thanks

Replies

• JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,203 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Have you been weight training? That'll help you burn the most fat. :)
  • DojoMaster888
    DojoMaster888 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Just make sure your in a calorie defecit, thats really the only way. If you do that and couple it with low intensity cardio (high intensity tends to burn muscle in calorie defecit).
  • _benjammin
    _benjammin Posts: 1,224 Member
    Options
    Calorie deficit and patience.
  • DojoMaster888
    DojoMaster888 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Lowering your bodyfat % (leaning out)
  • ramseep
    ramseep Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yes I do weight train and mix with cardio 3 days a week. My body has changed in the last 6 months for the better, but only 3lbs lost. Certainly toning up though! Thank you for your advice. From it I can see that I am on the right track then. Great!
  • rmorourke7480
    Options
    Just started resistance training and cardio. Trying to get back in shape after 3 years of bliss. Went from 185-255lbs at 5'9" and it is not muscle. After two weeks I feel great and already have found clothes to fit better, only have lost 5lbs. though. Been doing a lot of core stuff (planks) and legs and low intensity cardio mixed with some sprints to exhaustion. Food intake is 1850calories 40% Protein 30% Fat 30% Carbs comprised of lean meats and greens. Any advice out there? thanks!!!