Zoodles! Zukettie?! yum!

Options
Magenta15
Magenta15 Posts: 850 Member
10310520_10154420334600323_2294915923906263884_n.jpg

I don't even really like zucchini and both hubs and i devoured this. so good! I am not opposed to pasta, i still love me some pasta, but not multiple times a week anymore! lol this way I still have a delicious vehicle for my spag bol sauce without the guilt or bloat! yum!

just spiralized zucchinis, sauteed in the pan, then topped with home made veg packed spag bol sauce.

rest of the sauce tonight on spag squash lol. I really like spaghetti sauce ok!? lol

Replies

• Magenta15
    Options
    man i really am the killer of threads, even ones i started :( lol
  • caspercb
    caspercb Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I don't have a fancy machine, just a hand held mandolin peeler, courgettes are my new spaghetti and works great with carrots too. Will have to try squash.
  • motofairy
    motofairy Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    We just got a Veggetti and I love it! Putting turkey chili on top of zuke noodles tonight.
  • conniehgtv
    conniehgtv Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    been wanting to try one. What brand did u get? I also love yellow squash, close to zuch but the skin is milder,softer. I eat it with mushrooms and onions in a little lite alfredo sauce. I found pre cooked turkey sausage crumbles at the grocery( easy,no mess, easier to portion control)and add that too some times
  • Magenta15
    Options
    whatever works! it's yummy! i didn't already own a mandoline (chopped my finger once) lol so this was a good idea for me and maybe safer haha! :)
  • Magenta15
    Options
    been wanting to try one. What brand did u get? I also love yellow squash, close to zuch but the skin is milder,softer. I eat it with mushrooms and onions in a little lite alfredo sauce. I found pre cooked turkey sausage crumbles at the grocery( easy,no mess, easier to portion control)and add that too some times

mines world cuisine off of amazon the paderno one is on there too (i thought i ordered that one they look the same and similar price lol)
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I have the same one you do and I love it. My family had chicken curry over quinoa last night but quinoa doesn't like me so I put mine over zucchini noodles and it was SO good! My husband won't touch zucchini noodles because he doesn't like zucchini but I suspect it's a texture thing as he's only ever had it mushy. I stir fried mine over high heat so they were still firm. Maybe someday I can get him to try them.
  • Magenta15
    Options
    I have the same one you do and I love it. My family had chicken curry over quinoa last night but quinoa doesn't like me so I put mine over zucchini noodles and it was SO good! My husband won't touch zucchini noodles because he doesn't like zucchini but I suspect it's a texture thing as he's only ever had it mushy. I stir fried mine over high heat so they were still firm. Maybe someday I can get him to try them.

i never thought i liked it either cuz every time i'd had it it was mushy, i am glad i was adventurous enough to try on my on terms lol
  • engineergirl
    engineergirl Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Ohmygod!!! This thing has changed my life! I LOVE mine! Got it at Dollar General! Right now I'm stuck on pesto!
  • Tingababoo
    Tingababoo Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    For those of you who havent tried this machine, it ROCKS! The zucchini holds up well and it just tastes soo good as a pasta substitute! Its not as carby (nothing can truly replace pasta!) but its got the firmness and chewiness :)
  • Magenta15
    Options
    yup! i think it's great.
    the trick for me that i learned back when i first discovered spaghetti squash and didn't quite enjoy it the first time lol was because i was expecting it to taste just like it somehow, and it doesn't...

but once i told myself i was having spag squash (or now zuc) which I like with spag sauce which i love and that they would be tasty together, i was good to go and in veggie noodley heaven.

Its not spaghetti, it's not gonna taste the same. but it's yummy :)
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    I have a vegettie and love it!
  • sweetnsassy1491
    sweetnsassy1491 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Saving
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Love mine also. Sauté mine with evoo and onion. Mix in a garlic laughing cow cheese wedge Pretty darn good.
  • chopsart
    chopsart Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I purchased mine from Amazon 3 weeks ago, and I have used it for 7 meals. It is fun to use!
  • tjsoccermom
    tjsoccermom Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I have one of these http://www.amazon.com/Julienne-Peeler-Vegetables-Professional-Satisfaction/dp/B00HIAXFCK/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1407017819&sr=8-6&keywords=titan+julienne+peeler , lucked out and found it at the thrift store for 50 cents. Love it! I dice an onion, saute it with garlic, then add the zucchini, add diced tomatoes, grated parm cheese, and whatever spices float your boat. Delicious, daughter loves it more than spaghetti now.
  • Magenta15
    Options
    yay fellow spiralizing friends lol
  • Kristinemomof3
    Kristinemomof3 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I found the spiralooli at Goodwill for $4.00. We love curly fries with it.
  • ANewCrystal4Life
    ANewCrystal4Life Posts: 121 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I love love love my Vegetti. I got mine at walmart. I use it at least twice a week. I haven't had real pasta since getting one of these (about 7 months now).
  • Ideabaker
    Ideabaker Posts: 508 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I'm a fan of Zoodles; would love to try other veggies, but my GEFU spiralizer doesn't feel sturdy enough to handle them. Will have to keep an eye out for a Vegetti!