How do you decrease a fat looking face?

Options
Not sure if this is the right place to ask so taking a punt. I weigh 10:3 lbs and have a 31 inch waist so I like to think I'm reasonably slim. But when I see my face in a mirror or any other reflective surface it just looks really fat and much of the time feels like it too. Is this going to go down as I lose more weight or is it a bad reaction to something? Or is it something I've got to live with? Because I'm not sure I want to do that, it's really depressing to see.

Replies

• Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    You can't choose where you lose fat, and some people will always have a skinny face, no matter how heavy, whereas I have a double chin when well within a healthy weight range.

That said, I have seen friends whose faces swell up on high carbs. So low carb may make a difference.
  • numinousnymph
    numinousnymph Posts: 249 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    you can't spot pick where fat will come off, unfortunately. i've heard a rule of thumb is fat will come off first the last place it goes on, but i don't know how accurate that is. for me, my face is one of the first places to slim down. it has changed very dramatically since i've lost weight. you've just got to keep losing fat, and your body will take it from your face when it "wants" to, no other way to go about it.
  • TossaBeanBag
    TossaBeanBag Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Not sure if this is the right place to ask so taking a punt. I weigh 10:3 lbs and have a 31 inch waist so I like to think I'm reasonably slim. But when I see my face in a mirror or any other reflective surface it just looks really fat and much of the time feels like it too. Is this going to go down as I lose more weight or is it a bad reaction to something? Or is it something I've got to live with? Because I'm not sure I want to do that, it's really depressing to see.

Buy another mirror or stop comparing your face to others so much.
  • TrailNurse
    TrailNurse Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Can't do much about genetics.
  • ithrowconfetti
    ithrowconfetti Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Like the rest have said, you can't pinpoint where you'll lose weight. Some people believe that simply doing crunches will give them a flatter stomach instantly. Not true. So exercises do target some places, but they're not 100% foolproof. During my own weight loss journey, I find, for example, that the right side of my body always loses more weight than my left. And weight in my arms have been lost at a much slower pace than my face and thighs. I think it's all down to individual differences and lifestyles.