So tired of my weight yo-yoing

Options
I just do not know what is wrong with me - I can lose the weight but I just gain it right back - I try to eat right, I walk 3 miles a day but I keep sabotaging myself ever chance I get. I so want to lose the weight and keep it off - during the week I will lose 2 to 3 pounds but just put it back on during the weekend. Any help will be greatly appreciated - any pointers, any advice, anything

I am so tired of letting myself down

Replies

• bfergusonii
    bfergusonii Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Don't be so hard on yourself. This weight loss thing is not easy.

Why do you stop logging on the weekend? Whether you are good or bad, keep logging. You might find it more difficult to sabotage if you log it.

Walking 3 miles a day takes a pretty long time depending on how fast you walk. Also I get really bored just walking. Have you tried something a bit more intense but perhaps shorter?
  • amaclean61
    amaclean61 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice - I log but I just lie and not put everything down. But you are right I just need to log everything all week long and see what that does. The walking I do about a 16 min mile - I use icardio with a heart rate monitor so I know the calories are close - I enjoy the walk it takes about 45 mins and I listen to a book - I just wish I could figure out why I keep cheating and just can't seem to buckle down and lose the weight and keep it off
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    if you want it bad enough, only YOU can make it happen!
  • wanttolose40lbs
    wanttolose40lbs Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I do that all the time, and it's irritating. I'm terrible on the weekends but I have lost weight. You have to be strict on the weekends and you will keep the weight off that you lost during the week. Like Kango said "if you want it bad enough you can make it happen". I lose most of my weight in the winter because it's cold and I don't go out as much, also if I don't have munchies in the house, I'm not going out to get them.
  • amaclean61
    amaclean61 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone
  • 111YoYo111
    111YoYo111 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I hear you OP. Been on that ride for more than 20 years. This time we'll keep it off!!
    Friend me if you like.