9 weeks until Christmas, 10 until 2015

Options
Hi all!

I just checked the calendar and discovered that it is exactly 9 weeks to go until christmas which means it is only 10 weeks until

I lost almost 25 kilos in 2012/13 and then went travelling for 13 months and gained around 10-12 kilos during that time. Since I returned home in june I've fluctuated up and down a few kilos either side of my current weight of 106kg and I have struggled to bring my diet into line but things are changing for the better, albeit slowly.

I looked up my weight at christmas 2012 and I was around the 100kg mark so I am putting it out there and setting myself a goal to weigh less than that by this christmas. I am aiming for 98kg, which is 8kg down on my current weight.

I'm looking for accountability and motivation so I will aim to check back in here on a weekly basis and update on my progress. If you would like to join me then feel free to add your updates - I would love to hear how others are going as I'm also looking for some more 'friends' since all but one of my current mfp friends are off the wagon.

A little bit about me - I'm 37, female and live in Sydney, Australia. I started my journey with mfp at 117kg but I know I have been as high as 123. My lowest weight was 94kg in May 2013. I managed to stay below 100kg for over 6 months but due to travelling continuously for 13 months it crept back up - especially when I got to Europe!

For fitness I cycle a few times a week and usually commute to work one day a week on my bike. I am also a dragon boater and train with my club 3 times a week and we participate in regattas about once a month. I am also about to embark on a strength training program with a personal trainer so that I can better my performance in the boat. (and hopefully make the 'A' crew one day!)

My long term goal is 75kg so I have around 30kgs to lose (around 65 pounds I think).

Replies

• LeonCX
    LeonCX Posts: 862 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I'm looking forward to the zillion "New Year, New Me" posts.
  • wikpix
    wikpix Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    So today, with 8 weeks to go until christmas I have weighed in at 104.7 which puts me 1.3 kilos closer to my christmas goal.

How is everyone else going?
  • SamanthaRonnie
    SamanthaRonnie Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Great job Wikpix.
  • numinousnymph
    numinousnymph Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    LeonCX wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to the zillion "New Year, New Me" posts.

:# those sure are annoying. lol.