pounds to pant size ?

Options
2»

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    20 pounds to go from 22 to 20, 20 pounds to go from 20 to 18, then slipped into 18 misses rather than plus. And I've only lost eight since, so we'll see how long until a 16. Probably less, as larger sizes are easier to wear for a larger weight range.

Tops I've gone from 2X to XL
  • Morgaath
    Morgaath Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    It doesn't talk that way. If you have 2 people standing next to each other, same height, same weight, one is 10% body fat, and the other is 35% bf, they are not going to wear the same size. And if they both lose 10lbs of fat, how will this change them?
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    At 5'4" when I was 145 lbs before I gained my weight, I wore a size 12. I now weigh 155 and wear a size 10. The difference? Body fat percentage. Before I only did cardio (running, elliptical) and now I do both cardio and heavy lifting. So it's going to be dependent on different factors like height, muscle mass and genetics.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,520 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    rbfdac wrote: »
    vamaena wrote: »
    I don't think there is a definite answer to that.
    I've met some people who weigh 240-250 and who are a size 28 but at my heaviest I was 338 at a size 24. I'm down nearly 50 lbs and still a size 20-22 depending on the make of the clothing.
    If there is some way to do that then I'm all ears to know what it is! :smiley:

I was 317 and a 26, now I am 296 and a 24, so 20 pounds for one pant size, and the 24s are actually a little on the snug side! I am also 5'9" and big boned, and carry my weight in my stomach. Before I got pregnant with my now nine month old son, I was 295 and easily fit into the 24s, now at the same weight they are a little snug. The distribution of weight in my body shifted during/after pregnancy.

It just varies. From one person to another and even with the same person, depending on life (ie pregnancy).

I am also 5'9" and at 375lbs wore a 28 bottom and 4x tops (my scrubs were 4x bottoms, 5x tops because they had zero give and weird tailoring). At 285 lbs (almost) I am just now fitting into a 22 bottom and they are snug. Still stuck in 3x tops, but close to dropping to 2x I hope.

• vismundcygnus27
    vismundcygnus27 Posts: 98 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    It really depends. I've lost 20 lbs and haven't had a practical change in pant size. But that's probably due to two things: 1) the jeans I was wearing were a bit too small for me to begin with, as they fit much better now (I wear size 7, and I probably should have been wearing size 9s prior to losing this bit of weight), and 2) most of the weight that I've lost has been around my mid-section, and I tend to wear low-waisted jeans.

So yeah, as others have said, it's going to vary from person to person. Not everyone loses weight in the same places at the same rate, so it's a pretty difficult thing to predict.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    For me I find that women my weight and height wear different pant and shirt sizes. Part of it has to do with physique.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    brower47 wrote: »
    At 5'4" when I was 145 lbs before I gained my weight, I wore a size 12. I now weigh 155 and wear a size 10. The difference? Body fat percentage. Before I only did cardio (running, elliptical) and now I do both cardio and heavy lifting. So it's going to be dependent on different factors like height, muscle mass and genetics.

Exactly! I am 5'4" and 141, and was wearing 8 or 10 at 145.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    I wish it were more linear (would make anticipating future clothing needs easier, amirite?). I went from "busting out" of size 10 pants (should have been wearing 12) to loose size 8 in with a 20 lb loss. So about 10 lbs a size.

But, I've lost a whopping 2 pounds since Sep 1, and I'm down another pants size (about 1/2-3/4 inch lost off my waist and hips since then. I'm more focused on body composition (i.e. strength training) now that the weight is mostly where I'd like it/expect it to be for me.

So, like everyone above, there are so many factors: body fat composition, bone structure, or the way your weight is distributed (Do you have "curvy" or "slim" hips? Do you carry more in your butt or in your belly? Stuff like that).