I'm a newbie!

Options
I am a recent breast cancer survivor still taking Arimidex and have gained about 25 lbs in 4 years. Although I'm still taking those awful meds, I am trying to lose those unwanted lbs. I am a healthy eater but gaining weight just seems too easy for me at 59. I am using this app to try and keep track without joining WW. My oncologist says I may just have to "deal with it" for another year and a half while on the meds--but I'd like to prove her wrong! Here goes.

Replies

• bluebmwrider
    Options
    Welcome, Go ahead and prove them wrong. It will not be easy but you have already shown you are keen to win and have taken a very large and positive first step. I will be interested to see how you go. Congratulations.
  • Falcon
    Falcon Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Do so as you feel comfortable and don't stress about any weight gain at this point. Some people end up losing a lot of weight during cancer treatment.

Focus on your health, control on what you eat but make sure it's healthy, don't beat yourself up if you continue to climb despite those efforts and if all else fails.

The minute you come off the meds, then you can focus on weight loss. Just take it one day at a time and take everything in stride.