scallop kabobs?

Options
kehowe83
kehowe83 Posts: 79 Member
OK, so I am not the smartest when it comes to cooking seafood.
I wanted to make some "Scallop Kabobs" (if i am spelling it right) on Sunday.

Is it OK to cook the scallops on the sticks, on the grill? Or should I cook them first, then add them to the sticks and then grill them up??

Any suggestions for cooking, and other ingredients to add to the Kabobs??

Replies

• NoExcuseTina
    NoExcuseTina Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    scallops do not take long to cook...so putting them on the stick and then on the grill is good

add peppers and onions (alternating with the scallops)...just like a steak or chicken kabob
  • CNYKrista
    CNYKrista Posts: 61
    Options
    you can cook them on the grill-coat with a little olive oil

Slide scallops onto prepared skewers (wooden skewers should be soaked in water for 30 minutes to prevent catching fire on grill), allowing space between each scallop.
    Bring grill to medium-high heat in area where you will be grilling scallops. Place scallops on grill. Cook on medium-high heat about two minutes per side, just until opaque. Turn skewers to ensure all sides get time on the full heat. Remove from heat before completely cooked and allow to finish cooking on serving plate.
  • sexygenius
    sexygenius Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    its fine to cook them on the sticks, just be sure not to over cook them or they will be like rubber bands...be sure to presoak the sticks in water if they are wood so they dont burn..
  • bachooka
    bachooka Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    That sounds absolutely delicious! yes right on the grill... put some lemon juice on it and salt an pepper and whatever other soft vegetables you would like... yum!!
  • MasterSpater
    MasterSpater Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    soak your skewers in water at least 1 hour prior to cooking to prevent burning, skewer the scallops raw onto the skewer, season (salt, pepper, garlic to taste) and cook for a couple of minutes (shellfish are easy to overcook so keep an eye on them).

Finish with a squeeze of fresh lemon.
  • forty3fab
    forty3fab Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Scallops do not take too long to cook, so just cook them on the grill, don't precook them. I would skewer some veggies on separate sticks and cook them longer, then add your skewers of scallops on the grill when the veggies are pretty much ready. I would go about 4 minutes each side for the scallops to be done! Good luck and happy eating!