How often do you weight yourself, and why?

Options
So... how often do you weigh yourself, and why do you weigh yourself at this particular frequency? Go. B)

Replies

• crisb2
    crisb2 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning, after toilet, before breakfast.

But I do it out of habit, if it goes up and down I don't freak out, that's normal. As long as the overall trend is downward and my measurements aren't increasing I know I'm ok. If I see it going up over a couple of days, then I know I'm gaining.

If you stress out at seeing the scale go up and down, weigh yourself once a week, or every ten days. Or just stick to measuring.
  • ScottDowell
    ScottDowell Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I weight my self every alternate months, for fitness.
    Most of the people find the best time to weight then self when they are on health diet.
    Do not weight your self frequently, because our body regulates and every now and then they change the numbers of weight, that can give you stress and due that the possibilities of gaining will increase as well.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    Once a month-ish, after my cycle ends. Because I hate seeing depressing *kitten* numbers due to water weight gain and I did the daily weighing thing for a while and have determined that this is when I'll see my lowest weight
  • sclause
    sclause Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I used to be a compulsive weigher, maybe 5+ times a day? I've worked hard on bringing it down to only 3-5 days a week, in the morning before breakfast and after using the bathroom before getting in the shower. I try and avoid weighing myself around "that time of the month" because my weight goes up a solid 10 pounds in bloating for one week, then it all drops back off in about a day.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Every day in the morning, after the bathroom, nekkid

Love the fluctuations in weight ...and it doesn't bother me when it goes up, stays the same as long as I'm sticking to it ...I've had weeks where I've weighed 3lbs less on Monday then on Thursday (logging day) I've shot up 4lb ...but I know its water weight due to exercise, or sodium, or TOM

I'm not weighing this week though cos I'm on a break in a hotel and eating fairly freely, although still logging at maintenance ...I will weigh again next week when I'm home and am fully expecting a high weight then speedy loss as I get back to normal and the flight weight dissipates
  • ashleyboyes
    ashleyboyes Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Used to be every Friday morning after a week of eating healthy and exercising however as I have go older I dont stress so much about it, I go by how my clothes fit. I also have a good look at myself in the mirror in my underwear or naked and see how I feel at what looks back at me - if I'm not happy then I just work harder.
  • steff274
    steff274 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning.. Why? Because I have gone from being overweight to skinny don't want to drop anymore so I weigh everyday to keep an eye on it..
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Monthly. Why? Because I don't own a scale and it costs half a dinar to use the one at the pharmacy and I'm too cheap to part with the .500 (about 30 cents in USD)to weigh myself more frequently.
  • gritstone999
    Options
    I'm an every day weigher - I know the logic says you shouldn't but for me it's helpful to see if I am going the wrong way. I find that when I stop daily weigh ins my weight creeps back up
    -
  • TanyaLafley
    TanyaLafley Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I weigh once a week. That way I get to see my progress with out freaking out over the daily fluctuations.
  • Maryanne1923
    Maryanne1923 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Once a week, before breakfast. Why? Because I found the daily fluctuations made me panic.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Daily, because it's part of my routine and I want to spot any trends early. Fluctuations don't concern me as I understand them.
  • zeal26
    zeal26 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning. I get out of bed, go to the bathroom, then come back and weigh. Party because the routine keeps me in check, but also because I fluctuate a LOT and I hate missing lows. I also like seeing how certain days affect my body.
  • jessiemjporter
    jessiemjporter Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    i weight myself every 1st and 15th of a Month, this is because i give myself appx 2 weeks to stick at something, and even if its only 1 lbs difference, its better than a 'Kick in the teeth' :sweat_smile: i try and do this at the same time of day each time. and i record my progress, i feel it gives me more motivation because i think Right!!! i have 15 days** to try and lose a bit more weight than my last weigh in.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Daily.
  • itsjustmish
    itsjustmish Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Every 4th Saturday, first thing in the morning. My weight fluctuates wildly throughout the month due to hormonal changes/ water weight and I know from experience that I weigh the least at this point in my cycle! :)
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Once a week on Saturday morning. It's long enough to see if I've lost or gained (not just daily fluctuations), but not so long that I end up wasting my time if what I'm doing isn't working to get the results I want.
  • bethleahnutrition
    Options
    It depends on how you react to weighing yourself. If you weight goes up a little bit, are you discouraged to keep eating healthy, or does it motivate you more. It once took 6 weeks of healthy eating for me to see any change on the scale, but it didn't bother me too much because I knew my body was just adjusting. So, know yourself and if weighing too often will drive you crazy, don't do it!
  • NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Anne092114 wrote: »
    So... how often do you weigh yourself, and why do you weigh yourself at this particular frequency? Go. B)

Every day. However, to keep myself from freaking out at the daily flux, I do plot that as a ten day moving average. I feel like that's enough to give me the proper feedback to see how I am doing.

• TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    In the morning after waking up and gone to the bathroom. If a loss then log it and move on and if no loss then i don't log it and move on.