Is this weight too heavy?

Options
I'm a 5'8 female and weigh 127 pounds. In september 2013 I weighed 129 pounds, and brought myself down to 119 this past June. However from July onwards I've been dealing with a really bad case of binge eating disorder, sometimes (5000 kcal +), and managed to put on 8 pounds of the original ten that I lost! I feel really heavy now and none of my clothes fit, however my family is saying that I should maintain now rather than lose! Is 5'8 and 127 pounds too heavy? and should I diet again? thanks!

Replies

• StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    You're taller than me and weigh about the same - and I'm not trying to lose any more weight. What does your doctor say? You may need to seek a referral to speak to someone, to help you come to terms with what is a normal, healthy body image?
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,402 MFP Moderator
    Options
    At your height, 127 lbs is towards the low end of an acceptable weight. If anything, I would eat around maintenance and concentrate on lifting. Its possible even work to gain some additional muscle with a small surplus
  • llrepic
    llrepic Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    you have an unhealthly body image. You are at a completly normal weight....If you are binge eating as you say you need to seek professions help.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    You may want to talk to a professional.
  • terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    I agree that you should probably see a professional about your binge eating. However, 127 sounds like a perfectly acceptable weight to maybe a bit low. It depends on your build. You can start to exercise and add some muscle to tone up while maintaining your weight.

Allan