Just got back from vacation and no weight gain :)

Came back from a week and a half hillwalking in Yorkshire and running around London, eating tons of french fries and a couple of gallons of beer. And I'm still 5'6 130 lbs. Sort of watched what I ate but wasn't diligent. Very happy!!!

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Yay! I did this on a cruise this year too. Not even an OUNCE. And I couldn't log because I did not have internet. I was so proud. Feels good, huh?
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,039 Member
    Great job!
  • LeannJeffers
    LeannJeffers Posts: 486 Member
    That's awesome, I did the same thing this summer when I came back from a week at Sturgis SD. I honestly thought a week of bad food and alcohol would ruin my progress but it didn't. I think it helped that i was active and moving the entire time, versus me sitting at a desk for 40hrs a week.
  • HaibaneReki
    HaibaneReki Posts: 373 Member
    ain't that a sweet feeling of accomplishment :smile:
  • LeslieB042812
    LeslieB042812 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Nice work! I find that is often the case when I go on vacation, likely because I'm more active. But, my big downfall is after vacation, when I still have my bad eating habits from vacation and i'm back to sitting at work all day. Have to get right back on the wagon!
  • FredSetToGetFit
    FredSetToGetFit Posts: 286 Member
    Best Vacation Ever!!!! Well Done.
  • ithrowconfetti
    ithrowconfetti Posts: 451 Member
    Good on you! I always find that I lose weight while on vacation, because I'm moving around a lot, although I don't exercise per se.
  • 5stringjeff
    5stringjeff Posts: 790 Member
    Great work!
  • jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    congrats that is awesome

29509743.png
  • kikontx
    kikontx Posts: 92 Member
    Awesome!
  • 50sFit
    50sFit Posts: 712 Member
    edited October 2014
    arditarose wrote: »
    Yay! I did this on a cruise this year too. Not even an OUNCE. And I couldn't log because I did not have internet. I was so proud. Feels good, huh?
    Well said.
    Living the healthy life does not mean becoming a killjoy.

• LeannJeffers
    LeannJeffers Posts: 486 Member
    Nice work! I find that is often the case when I go on vacation, likely because I'm more active. But, my big downfall is after vacation, when I still have my bad eating habits from vacation and i'm back to sitting at work all day. Have to get right back on the wagon!

I agree its the aftermath that sucks!
  • indianwin2001
    indianwin2001 Posts: 296 Member
    I just got back from 12 days in New Jersey and actually lost weight,but I am going on a 2 week cruise in December and I am concerned about that. I have convinced myself to eat what I want and I'll lose it when I get back. I am only 3 lbs. from my goal weight.
  • akboy58
    akboy58 Posts: 137 Member
    Well done! I dropped 2 lbs on a recent trip to France despite some really epic meals. Sightseeing burns more calories than you'd suppose!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    I just got back from 12 days in New Jersey and actually lost weight,but I am going on a 2 week cruise in December and I am concerned about that. I have convinced myself to eat what I want and I'll lose it when I get back. I am only 3 lbs. from my goal weight.

My vacation was a cruise too! I still worked out, some circuits in the gym about 4-5 out of the 8 days. If I tried food that was not great, I didn't it eat. If it was okay, I ate some of it. If it was very good I ate it all. If it was amazing I had more. At least 3 glasses of wine every night. Traded hot dog bun for nachos. I had such a fun time and it was great not to gain anything!
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Taaa Daaa! !! Good job!
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,039 Member

My husband and I always lose weight on the cruises we take. Our rules are no elevators (take stairs only) while on the cruise, and we bring water bottles to refill. Great stuff.
  • Anonycatgirl
    Anonycatgirl Posts: 502 Member
    Good job! I gained a couple of pounds on our recent vacation in Italy (eating ALL THE FOOD but walking a lot), but stayed within my range and am now, three weeks later, back down to where I prefer to be without making much effort.
  • Anonycatgirl
    Anonycatgirl Posts: 502 Member
    My husband actually lost on that vacation, probably because he doesn't love gelato quite as much as I do.
  • ianthy
    ianthy Posts: 404 Member

Agree. I used to bring back my fav foods from holiday to have back at home for a while. Crazy I know - now once the hols has finished so has the foods stuffs - no more bring homes! Really helps me to get back into my routine PDQ.