Is 89g of chicken breast protein too much for one meal?

Options
Hi All,

I've been cutting carbs doing a 40% fat 40% protein 20% carb intake for 1900 calories. I'm trying to intake about 196g of protein (1.5g/lb) every day. I'm weighing my chicken breast uncooked.

Is 89g (15.5oz uncooked) of chicken breast protein, at one meal, too much to intake?

Thanks a lot in advance!
VzuR

Replies

• LeonCX
    LeonCX Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I usually divide out my chicken breast meat in 10-12 ounce portions. And I weigh it uncooked also. In my opinion, you are just fine.
  • shai74
    shai74 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I don't think so, it's your daily amount that matters. I've eaten 15oz worth of meatballs in one meal.
  • MamaRiss
    MamaRiss Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    89 grams is only 3.14 ounces. 15 ounces would be 440 grams.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    If your chicken only weighs 89g, that's not a lot, it's like a small deck of cards size. Now, if it's 15.5 ounces, then, yeah, that's a lot of chicken (for me, I couldn't eat 1lb of chicken in one sitting). But, if you're hungry, fits your goals, and it's what you want, then go for it.
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    ...I suck at reading
  • SrJoben
    SrJoben Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Guy, he said 89 grams of chicken PROTEIN and listed the uncooked weight of the meat. That's almost a pound.
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    Reading comp fail
  • MamaRiss
    Options
    _John_ wrote: »
    ...I suck at reading

me too aparently

• Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    No
  • Badsumbeech
    Badsumbeech Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the responses. To follow up, I ate ALL of the chicken and it was an incredibly delicious, fantastic, glorious meal. I have yet to grow any chicken wings and will follow up again the morning.

On a serious note, to clarify it was 15.5oz of chicken. A lot of chicken!! 89g of protein. I'll probably start spacing out my chicken throughout the day.

Thanks for the help!

VzuR

• MachiavelliNZ
    MachiavelliNZ Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    If it fits your macros... and your belly... it's never too much.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    MamaRiss wrote: »
    ...I suck at reading

me too aparently

Me, three OOPS! Ha, is it silly that this makes me think of Jake Blues (of the Blues Brothers) and his 4 fried chickens dinner order? LOL, OP, glad your belly had room for all that. Cheers!
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    That seems like a lot of chicken for one meal and I guess that's the real question is can you eat that much at one sitting? 196g is not so much that you need to do almost half in one meal. You might want to spread it out a little more during the day but that's up to you.

ETA BTW there is no evidence, outside of broscience that you can even utilize 1.5g/lb a day but it shouldn't be an issue as long as you don't have kidney problems.
  • MamaRiss
    Options
    MamaRiss wrote: »
    ...I suck at reading

me too aparently

Me, three OOPS! Ha, is it silly that this makes me think of Jake Blues (of the Blues Brothers) and his 4 fried chickens dinner order? LOL, OP, glad your belly had room for all that. Cheers!

don't forget the coke
  • martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Hey look... a carb avoider kids!
  • DojoMaster888
    DojoMaster888 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with avoiding carbs... just dont plan on keeping much muscle around or building more.