Any ideas for pork loin?

Options
Lasmartchika
Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
I have absolutely no idea what to do with the pork loins. Anybody have any recipes for dinner? :\

Replies

• sonyahadder42
    sonyahadder42 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    I'm assuming you're talking about pork tenderloin...

I eat it regularly...I usually just throw it on the grill for about 8-10 minutes on each side. I have several different rubs I like to use...one is a combination of chipotle chile powder, red chile powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. The other is a "jerk" seasoning...which doesn't really taste like jamaican jerk, but it is a pretty darned good rub and gives the pork a nice Caribbean island flare none-the-less.

I also prepare carne adovada pretty routinely and I use pork tenderloin in my green chile stews.
  • Lasmartchika
    Options
    Yeah, my boyfriend bought pork loin end chop (that's what it says on the sticker) cuz it was cheaper than steak... but I have never cooked that... so the ideas are greatly appreciated!! :)
  • That1Chick_Brit
    That1Chick_Brit Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options
    My favorite way to eat it is to slice it, bread it, and pan fry it, but thats not particularly healthy. lol So I usually just season it and bake it in the oven.
  • Lasmartchika
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Oh Ok... :)

Other ideas? :)
  • shattrdillusion
    Options
    rub it with a mix of minced garlic, a little each of rosemary, oregano, salt, pepper, and a tiny bit of lemon juice and roast it over potatoes in the oven. how much of each spice depends on how you like it and how big the pieces are, you just have to watch it to make sure it doesn't overcook :)
  • beckyhoo
    beckyhoo Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Bake in the oven and top it with some red cabbage and apples.
  • khuneycutt2000
    khuneycutt2000 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I made this one two days ago and it was super easy but it's a crock pot recipe so you want to start about 6 hours before dinner. It tasted really good.
    http://addapinch.com/cooking/balsamic-pork-tenderloin-recipe/
  • NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Apple-Leek Pork Lion Medallions

1.00 lb(s), Pork - Fresh, loin, tenderloin
    1.00 Chopped 89gr, Leek Raw, sliced
    1.00 tbsp(s), Garlic - Raw, chopped
    2.00 tbsp(s), Oil - Olive
    1.00 Apple Medium, Granny Smith Apple chopped
    0.25 cup(s), Wine - Table, red

Slice the pork lion into small pieces, about half an inch thick, and medallion-sized. Saute in olive oil turning when starting to brown on each side. Add leeks and garlic until leeks become slightly tender and aromatic. Add apples and saute until tender. Deglaze pan with wine.

Great with almost any veggie, but I usually serve either with broccoli or a salad.
  • haydav49
    haydav49 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Stick it in a crock pot with some potatoes, carrots and onions. Spices are whatever you like. Once it's done you can serve it like a roast or shred it and serve it on a bun with some BBQ sauce.