Wii Fit Plus question

Options
I was just wondering how many people use the Wii Fit Plus Balance Board as their weight and just how accurate it really is. I weighed myself on there and got one wieght and then the next week I was out of town and used a medical type scale and I weighed about 7-8 pounds more than what the Wii said. Same clothes, only difference is no shows with the Wii and I had shoes on the other scale. I was just wondering if this was normal... Thanks!

Replies

• bast2112
    bast2112 Posts: 63
    Options
    In my personal experience, all doctor's office scales are evil. Always weigh more at the doctor. More than on my Wii board and more than on my digital scale.
  • beckey24
    beckey24 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    How does the wii balance board compare to your digital scale?
  • Triquetra
    Triquetra Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    my Wii fit and digital bathroom scale are only off by about 1/2 between the two, so as long as you are on firm stable ground I would think the fit isn't too far off.
  • hollyknouse
    hollyknouse Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I used to go by my wii fit until we moved and I put it in a different room and it has never read right since. Mine is pretty touchy. It actually said I weighed like 36 lbs less which was cool to see the first time : )
  • StrawberryDrip
    Options
    My Wii Balance board weighs me as 20 lbs less than I weigh, so I wouldn't put to much stock into it.
  • AngelsKisses75
    AngelsKisses75 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    my Wii fit and digital bathroom scale are only off by about 1/2 between the two, so as long as you are on firm stable ground I would think the fit isn't too far off.

I agree with this. I actually had to get a bit of wood to place under the board when it is on carpeting to steady it. On the carpet it was way off. Now not so much.
  • bltmgray
    bltmgray Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Mine is pretty accurate, maybe a 1lb off from my batheroom scale, but my scale is so old that I trust the wii board more. LOL!
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Mine has never given me a correct weight. In fact the least "off" it has ever been was 16 pounds, the most 42. Every time I get on and off it has a different weight. It sits on a level hard wood floor, in the same place every time. I go with my bathroom digital scale.
  • theresnoeggs
    theresnoeggs Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I don't have a scale, but use the fit. It is always right on par with the "doctor office" type scale at the gym.
  • theresnoeggs
    theresnoeggs Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    For those whose scale is way off, have you tried recalibrating it?
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Mine weighs me in at least a pound less than my bathroom scale... probably cuz I have the wii board on carpet