Weight loss coach lost her motivation

Options
I started my journey at 200 lbs, I got offered a great job to run a weight loss center, yeah best job ever , lost all my weight , but then they closed.

I gained back 50, so I was at 160.
My husband had an affair , stress from seek g his fat wife get hot the fat again or some crap, still married now. But lost all the weight and felt great again.
Now I quit smoking dad and husband both end up in the hospital for lengthy stays and I'm back at 150. I need some no nonsense , get your *kitten* in gear help, I feel sick and very disappointed in my self, I should have known better , I have done this before and helped lots of people do this , I know nothing takes as good as thin feels, but somewhere I lost it, now I sm broke down embarrassed and vet humisted and ashamed of what I have ended up being, I have teenage girls that are georgous and I just an overweight embarrassment to them, tomorrow is my day one. Please help me realized I sm worth more than junk food, I am worth being happy. I am worth it! Sometimes I just need a kick in the *kitten* and a reminder !send me a request I can use all the help I can get

Replies

• pissymissy323
    pissymissy323 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Worst part, this is the only picture I have that I took when I was healthy and happy and thin, can bare to look at one of me now
  • Heirgreat
    Heirgreat Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    You are human- you are triumph -you can be healthy again but it starts in your head first -just because you are worth it you will do it again- it's time for you to get healthy- just for you and put no one else first-this is harder to do and easier to say it -but there isn't another way-today is the first day of the rest of your life-what are you going to do with it? Start now and keep us posted!
  • chadya07
    chadya07 Posts: 627 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    start by telling yourself that you are worth taking care of.

• terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    The fact is that you are worth it. You know what to do. Find your WHY. Why do you want this? What will reaching your goal mean to you? What will it let you do that you cannot now? How will it affect you and those around you? Keep these questions in mind when you want to break down and give up.

What were you doing for nutrition and exercise when you lost the weight before?

Allan
  • 20yearsyounger
    20yearsyounger Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    I think the pressure of knowing you've done this before and you can do this is getting to you. Just take it slow. Just log and monitor one day at a time. You know what you need to do, have a little fun.
  • ewhip17
    ewhip17 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    The thing is, it all starts with you. Your outlook, your emotions, your ability to handle stress, your tolerance for BS in your life, your ability to push forward - it all starts with you and how you feel about yourself. Start with that. Start with getting you right, and everything else will improve. It will never be perfect or easy, but it will improve. Start by controlling the one thing that you can control - you.
  • whatatime2befit
    whatatime2befit Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    You CAN do this. Stop looking in the past, you need to focus on getting fit and healthy now. Take it one day at a time.
  • pissymissy323
    Options
    Thanks ! I feel the love and motivation,
  • zac775
    zac775 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    We are all here to help, to get you in the right frame of mind, support you where you need it. Advise, chat and swap help. All you have to do is ask and we will all rally to the cause.
  • pissymissy323
    Options
    Thanks
  • marisas80
    marisas80 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I feel like when my life gets hectic and out of control, I am calmed by the discipline and control of logging and staying under calorie goal and working out. That has not always been the case. I used to be a stress eater. We all have good days and bad days. We all have our struggles. Just remember that you are important and worth it!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    You definitely need to just do this for yourself because you deserve it and it's time to start making sure you get what you deserve.
  • pissymissy323
    Options
    Thanks !
  • Palamedes
    Palamedes Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I think if you looked that you would find that most of the older members on MFP are not on their first weight loss journey. Personally, I lost 50 pounds 10 years ago and I'm now working to take that same 50 pounds off again. I took a lifetime fitness course when I took my BA about 35 years ago. Imagine still struggling after 3+ decades.

/sigh

When you fall off the horse, you have to get right back on. You have to brush yourself off and curse the bloody horse. Then you need to get right back on the horse and finish the ride. That same process is how lifetime fitness works. You either CONSTANTLY maintain or you go over the same ground time after time.

You are not alone in this. So, suck it up, Buttercup. Time to get your *kitten* in gear. As SGT Brown was fond of saying, "Move out and draw fire."
  • shadowloss
    shadowloss Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Focus on NOW, you can't change the past, you can only live in the moment which dictates your future!

Who do you want to be tomorrow, because yesterday is gone!

The only thing the past is good for is a learning tool for the future!
  • pissymissy323
    Options
    Thank you
  • CJReg119
    CJReg119 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    You are not alone in this. So, suck it up, Buttercup. Time to get your *kitten* in gear. As SGT Brown was fond of saying, "Move out and draw fire."[/quote]

thank you, Palamedes, for this wonderful saying!! "Move out and draw fire."

• VelveteenArabian
    VelveteenArabian Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you might be an emotional eater. Are you aware of any extra eating or skipped workouts when they're going on? Or only after the fact?

If you can see when you're going off track as you're doing it it's easier to get back on track. If you are emotionally snacking maybe try replacing that habit with doing a little workout and having the snack after if you still feel like it.
  • CJReg119
    CJReg119 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Dear Miss Pissy (ya gotten change the name!) I understand the shame and sense of failure. About 5 years ago, I lost 80 pounds and then "failed" at it and gained it all back over a year or so. I have felt shame and embarrassment and failure since that time about my looks and weight and my weakness. I had a very myopic view of the world with that thinking because I thought I was the only one who messed up like that. Never mind that all around me - around all of us - are overweight and obese people. Not that that makes it OK but my point is I am NOT the only one who has this issue. Also, after some reading and research, I learned that SO MANY people who are successful at weight loss gain it plus more back. so than I thought, "well, F- it.... it will never work!" But that though just stop fitting me at some point recently. So I started reading about success stories - not just failure stories and it changed my focus.

So i say to you this: (1) you are not alone in your experience or your thinking and feeling (2) you did it once and can/will do it again (and I get that sometimes that makes it harder in some weird way....but screw that thought.) (3) don't over think this. Weight loss/getting fit and healthy is simple - it's just not easy. And lastly, (4) stick with this community, My Fitness Pal. I don't feel so alone anymore. I now REALLY know there are so many others just like me. Not feeling so alone is a big thing for me.

Hang in there. Change that negative "pissy' name. do what you know to do. and don't give up hope. You're OK. Be well, my friend.....
  • pissymissy323
    Options
    I know the name sounds bad , not actually what it's meant for thanks for the motivation