Corest-Wearing and 16 inch waist

Options
I just saw this pop up on my Facebook feed and found it interesting. This woman has been wearing a corset for seven years and now has a 16 inch waist. Has anyone else seen this?

I think that by having such a tiny waist it makes the rest of her look bigger. I don't know.....to each their own, I guess. She's a beautiful girl and the pictures are interesting to look at, but I certainly wouldn't want that small of a waist.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/rachelzarrell/lace-it-up?bffb

Replies

• Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    I'd love to know the rest of her measurements... Like you said it distorts her so much you can't tell if bits have been enhanced by surgery or by the corset.
  • Bellodesiderare
    Bellodesiderare Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    She is beautiful, but her proportions are weird. It gives her a hell of a FUPA... JS
  • Mamahana82
    Options
    Yeeesh. My organs need way more room than that.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    I'd love to know the rest of her measurements... Like you said it distorts her so much you can't tell if bits have been enhanced by surgery or by the corset.

This^^

• Igotthatcake
    Igotthatcake Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Mamahana82 wrote: »
    Yeeesh. My organs need way more room than that.

It's a misunderstanding that corseting ruins your organs. Pregnancy can do an awful lot worse!
  • VelveteenArabian
    VelveteenArabian Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    It's corset training. She's not skinnier. She's just worn the corset so tightly and for so long that her organs shifted into a new position.
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    I think the pics are cool to look at. I personally like wear corsets for costumes, but I don't do tight lacing. I would be curious to see her other measurements though just for some perspective.
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    It looks like it hurt to get there.
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,660 Member
    Options
    Yeah, let's go back to those corset wearing days when women would faint, damage their organs, etc. I thought we had gotten away from self-mutilation as beauty.
  • hearthemelody
    hearthemelody Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Actually, that was only a specific type of corset that could hurt you. That kind is (obviously) no longer in use.