Doctor basically told me I need to drop 50 pounds

Options
Hi - Just started this app - Doctor told me I need to drop 50 pounds in order to get off medications. I'm really motivated to get healthy. Here is to hoping it lasts.

Replies

• hearthemelody
    hearthemelody Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • Mapanggulo
    Mapanggulo Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!! Hope you get the success here that lots of people have! I'm been successful so far...just still have more to go before I get to my goal.
  • KaroshiQueen
    KaroshiQueen Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Same here - welcome!
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Keep it simple
    Have patience
    Be realistic
    Log everything as accurately and honestly as possible (digital food scale helps with this)
    Don't think you need to be perfect, just consistent
    Good luck to you, it is possible I was on 14 different prescriptions when I started down to 4
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    I never went to a doctor because I knew he would have said the same to me. Well I came here and now I beat him to it, lost 53 pounds. I eat healthy, run twenty miles a week and dropped my cholesterol over fifty points. I would tell my doctor all this but I still don't have one.

Its a lifestyle change not a diet!
  • Ladyrunner1574
    Options
    New to this, I just started yesterday and love the ease of everything. Wish me luck I have a long way to go.
  • shanehollanduk
    shanehollanduk Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Good luck!

It is possible to turn things around, very, very quickly. In two months I normalised my blood pressure, normalised my cholesterol, and ceased being pre-diabetic (and dropped 20lbs)... I'm still on the journey, and I am half way there, but you can do it; and you are likely to start to feel the benefits very soon.

Feel free to add me
  • PBWaffleCakes
    PBWaffleCakes Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Welcome and Best Wishes! Its possible and you can succeed if you believe in yourself and trust MFP!
  • energy4ministry
    energy4ministry Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello, My name is Bert. I am in the same boat, my mind is made up and my heart is fixed.
    Thanks to bigmommakc who lead me to the site.
  • shfoster0721
    shfoster0721 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    You can do it. I have lost 116 since January. I am now off all my meds. I was on high blood pressure, hypertension, cholesterol, and was pre-diabetic. Now I am off them all. Feel free to add me and/or message.
  • holapearl
    holapearl Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Good luck! What the mind of man can conceive and believe, the mind of man can achieve -Napoleon Hill! You can do it!
  • Patttience
    Patttience Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Hoping it lasts isn't enough. You need to find a deep level of commitment. Really seriously. Commitment is about 90% of the task. And you need to work on it every day.
  • Patttience
    Patttience Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I would add its not necessary to go and upset yourself with the gym and running and so on. Just do it with diet. Make it easy for yourself.
  • yipykia
    Options
    Thanks for the replies and encouragement!