Protine?? i this too much?? Need advice.

Options
I drink a protine shake in the morning and that just about gives me enough protine as MFP recommends...
After the day is done though I am eating around 85 grams... Is this too much?

i am 5'5 158 lbs I want to lose weight and tone.
I am am seditary most of the day and do about 30-70 minutes of a high impact workout every day.

I don't really know the rules on this as sometimes I hear not to have too much and sometimes I am told to get lots... I am so confused.

Replies

• JesaGrace
    JesaGrace Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    MFP gives you a low number for protein....you can actually eat a lot more than the maximum they give you....
  • Ncookr
    Ncookr Posts: 11
    Options
    From what i have found out that is fine. But i only know what works for men i dont know if it would be different for women i assume a little. But they say 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight otherwise when you do physical activity your muscles wont be able to repair and you can actually end up looseing muscle and if you want to add any muscle you need 1 gram per pound of body weight but thats just what i have read for males. I run 5 days a week and weight lift 3 so i try to get 1 gram per pound at least everyday sometimes alot more.
  • sunshine79
    sunshine79 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    MFP's protein allowance is very low. I often read that you need 1g of protein per lb of weight so seeing as you weight 158 anything up to 158g of protein will be fine. Personally I always aim for at least 100g per day as it's really important for building muscle.
  • lindainak
    lindainak Posts: 101
    Options
  • Ncookr
    Ncookr Posts: 11
    Options
    I did find that they do give you a low ratio of protien to fats and carbs mine was set at 15% protein 55% carb 30% fat i think but i changed my settings to a 50% carb 30% protein and 20% fat
  • sweetsarahj
    sweetsarahj Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Yep, I do 1 gram per pound of body weight, with 40/40/30 split for protein/fat/carbs. Lots of protein keeps you feeling satisfied as well as helps bulid muscle!
  • jamie78
    jamie78 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I try to atleast get in 120+ protein a day and try to keep my carbs below 75.
  • StephanieJ82
    Options
    Thats great. Thanks everyone!! I do feel better.