What are some good cardio exercises?

Options
the guy I like recommended I do them if you could help me find out about some I would be appreciative. thank you!!

Replies

• gamesandgains
    gamesandgains Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    The ones you enjoy? Unless you want to be more specific with your question, do the ones you like for long term success.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    Zumba is great!! It's what I do.

Maybe the guy you like already does some cardio and wants you to join without actually asking. Ask him what he does.
  • TrailRunnermn
    TrailRunnermn Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Stairmaster, Concept C2 Rower, and the best one out there....lift weights faster and go for higher reps.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    What do you like doing? I like biking and swimming mostly. When I have the time I enjoy a good hike in the mountains.
  • vamaena
    vamaena Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    That would depend on what you like to do.
    I love swimming, sprinting, spinning, battle ropes, tire flipping (I try to see how many I can do in a minute and then repeat and try to do better). I like to push the prowler while trying to run (there's a specialty track in my gym for these kinds of exercises).
    As Trailrunner suggested I'll do weight lifting with lower weights but higher reps.
  • kjm3579
    kjm3579 Posts: 3,975 Member
    Options
    Running, cycling, swimming -- all pure cardio. If you lift, you also get cardio conditioning along with the strength training. Which ones can you do and will you keep doing is the question?
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    Whatever is enjoyable to you. I love Zumba and running. Find something that you can stick to, cause you like doing it.
  • TriShamelessly
    TriShamelessly Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    The ones you enjoy? Unless you want to be more specific with your question, do the ones you like for long term success.

This. I swim, bike and run plus chase my twins. As long as you're moving and happy so that you keep doing it, that's the most important part.
  • TossaBeanBag
    TossaBeanBag Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    It can't be said enough: the ones you can have fun doing. If you don't like it, you won't do it for long.
  • aerochic42
    aerochic42 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    are you sure that cardio isn't a euphemism? it could be a mutual liking.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    jbach2 wrote: »
    It can't be said enough: the ones you can have fun doing. If you don't like it, you won't do it for long.

i hear this all the time, and actually it makes it easier if you do enjoy it but for me its a different case. I enjoy cycling but i don't have a bike other than that i don't really care for any type of exercise. I have just made exercise a part of my routine like bathing, eating and working. I am enjoying the benefits that come from exercising and that's what keeps me at it.

my go to website is Fitnessblender.com also I have used Hasfit.com in the past.

• accelerashawn
    accelerashawn Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    aerochic42 wrote: »
    are you sure that cardio isn't a euphemism? it could be a mutual liking.
    That's what I was thinking