LEGS

Options
hey girls (:

I'm 5'2.5" and i'm pretty pear shaped. I know you can't spot reduce and you'll probably lose weight everywhere else first. I've always wanted thinner legs. What exercises effectively work the leg muscles? Also, do you measure your thighs?

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce

Squats and lunges, then more squats and lunges are good

But it won't change your shape ...thin legs are a body type ...go for shapely legs and get the best legs you can have
  • 100DaysToGetFitEmma16
    Options
    Bump
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I have always disliked my lower half because although it's fairly solid I always thought my legs were like tree trunks. I'm about ten pounds from my goal now and my lower half has definitely leaned out. I don't do a lot of weighted lower body work at all but I do do a ton of body weight exercises like step ups. lunges, etc. Lots of sprint work on and off the treadmill. I don't do any distance work because I hate running so at the most I get a mile in steady at least once a week. Also, I do a ton of plyometric work.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    I've run a little bit, two times. The top, front part of my thighs is already being worked. So, there's that. Anything that makes your legs move will work the muscles. Swim, walk, run, bike. I suspect that runners and bikers have the most muscular legs, short of weight-lifters...but I don't really know.

Just work them. :)
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    and MORE lunges and squats! Additionally, I do a lot of hip thrusters (helping majorly on the hiney part of this equation.
  • 100DaysToGetFitEmma16
    Options
    Bump
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    You can't change genetics, but reduction certainly happens with weight loss and definition happens with toning.