What to eat after work out??

Options
After boot camp on Tuesday night I did not get home until around 9:00 p.m. and I had not eaten dinner yet. So, I sent my trainer a txt message and asked her what I should eat that late at night. Her response was peanut butter and jelly on wheat bread. Does this sound normal? What are some other ideas of quick and easy dinners for after boot camp nights when I get home later in the evening?

Replies

• kate_newlifestyle
    Options
    I usually drink whey protein wright after workout. If I workout in the morning I eat protein + complex carbs for breakfast. If I work out at night I drink whey protein and 1 cup of cottage cheese no salt added with or without 1 tbsp of peanut butter

P. S sorry for grammar mistakes enish isn't my first language :)
  • zickbow
    zickbow Posts: 7
    Options
    you should eat protein within one hour of working out. Perhaps a protein shake would be easiest or hard boiled eggs and some veges.
  • Melis25Fit
    Melis25Fit Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Whey Chocolate Protien Smoothie mixed w/ 1TBSP Peanut Butter and 1 whole frozen nanner and 1 C Milk = 380ish cals and AMAZINGLY filling!
  • EZGruv
    EZGruv Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    For me, a whey protein shake. But, in a pinch, PB & J on toast for sure!
  • Msaip
    Msaip Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I drink a soy protein shake/smoothie with added fruit
  • abrooke1976
    Options
    Thanks for the input! So basically you all are saying to drink a protein shake for my dinner on the nights that I get home to late to actually make a good dinner? I just want to make sure I am doing this right. I usually eat a piece of fruit and yogurt before I go work out on those nights.
  • tuscaroragal
    tuscaroragal Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I usually eat a yogurt and then have my breakfast later in the morning. (I workout at 4 30 am!) But, I eat a lof of PBJ sandwiches for the very reason that they are easy and not too bad of an option when you don't feel like cooking. Hard boiled eggs are also great for protein...with some veggies if you are getting home late at night! Best of luck! :)
  • amarie35
    amarie35 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    BUMP!!
  • abrooke1976
    Options
    What the heck does BUMP mean??
  • mark7087
    mark7087 Posts: 1
    Options
    bump just keeps your topic up toward the top of the page. Means someone thinks you had a good question/topic.
  • Forensi
    Forensi Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Protein shake with a Banana for me :D
  • pjbercot
    pjbercot Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Any combination of protein, fruit, and some sort of good carb. Lately I will grab a glass of milk and a whole wheat waffle. But peanut butter on the waffle or heat up some frozen fruit ie cherries or blueberries. I generally feel full but not bloated.